PDA

View Full Version : Slow interface updating

MJV
06-07-2006, 09:19 AM
Having been working with XSI a little more recently, I am starting to fell a lot of RSS problems from double clicking. One of the things I feel is exasperating the problem is the slow updating of interface elements. This has me kind of gripping my mouse in frustration waiting for things to update. For example, double clicking a render tree node to update the floating property editor can take two to four seconds for the PE to load. Instead of double clicking I'm now using the enter key on the keyboard, which reduces the double clicking but not the load times. The main culprit with the slow load times seems to be using floating PE's. A PE docked in one of the view slots updates much quicker. Does anyone have any other tips for reducing stress while working in XSI?

MJV
06-07-2006, 09:26 AM
Example. I find it very difficult to disconnect nodes in the render tree. It often takes me three or four tries. Is there a shortcut I can use instead to disconnect output nodes?

wurp
06-07-2006, 01:45 PM
Are you using a workgroup on a network drive?

I've had a lot of probs with workgroups and slow ppgs, if the workgroup server is under heavy load that makes xsi take a lot longer to display ppgs for some weird reason...

If not this sounds like a gfx card driver problem, are you using an nvidia card? If you are maybe you need to try some different drivers for it..

as for disconecting noodles in the rendertee, its much easier if you are zoomed in as far as you can, it can be very frustrating to try and disconecting them when you are zoomed out..

AdamBaroody
06-07-2006, 04:04 PM
The only slow UI elements that i've run into, is the Texture UV Editor. That thing seems to crawl with a moderately detailed character, especialyl when you have clusters.

CGTalk Moderation
06-07-2006, 04:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.