PDA

View Full Version : duplicate symetry bones resetting when scene reopened

DrAdamDinosaur
06-07-2006, 03:17 AM
Hey everyone

I've created a really simple skeleton, one 3 joint chain (spine1, spine 2, head), a 2 joint chain for the arms and a 2 joint chain for the legs. leg root parented to the spine1 root, arm root parented to the spine 2 joint.

Problem 1: when I parent the joint roots to the roots/joints the joint which is to be the child moves to a different location in the scene. How can I stop this?

problem 2: After parenting I middle click the arm and leg roots and "duplicate symetry" (share parent checked) and the new joints are created in the right place. cool, however, when I re open the file the duplicated joints have reset themselves to be back directly over the top of the origional joints.

problem 3: I did a weighting test with a two joint influence but when I started painting the weights it made the faces look like they were all seperate polys (verticies not welded together) and didn't adjust the weights. Also, is there an easy way to manually type in weight values

Can anyone help me with these problems? Thanks

P.s. I'm using XSI 4.2 foundation

CGTalk Moderation
06-07-2006, 03:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.