PDA

View Full Version : Next Lighting Challenge Start Date?

spomeroy
06-06-2006, 03:53 PM
Hey Jeremy:
Any estimates on when the next lighting challenge will start? Would love to jump in on one..

best
Stewart

silvia
06-09-2006, 04:25 PM
Thank you for asking the question Stewart!
I posted the same exact question on the "Future Challenges" thread and got completely ignored. Maybe you will have better luck.

jeremybirn
06-10-2006, 12:17 AM
The underwater challenge should be ready in a week.

All of these threads will remain opened indefinately, and you can do any challenge at any time. I hope people are concerned about dates only because it's more fun to post in the same weeks as lots of other people...

-jeremy

silvia
06-10-2006, 03:50 AM
Jeremy, thank you SO MUCH for answering!!!
I don't know about the others. but the reason I wanted to know is that I have a very tight schedule, and I happen to be having some free time coming up, and I was wondering if I should start a personal project, or partecipate in the next challenge.
Although the threads stay open indefinately, it seems nobody looks at them anymore, after a while, and what's the point of posting if nobody is going to critique it?
The thing is that I have seen so much good work in the past challenges that I would be honored to participate in the same challenge as these talented people. I look forward to that.
Thanks again.

spomeroy
06-12-2006, 08:06 PM
Jeremy, thank you SO MUCH for answering!!!
I don't know about the others. but the reason I wanted to know is that I have a very tight schedule, and I happen to be having some free time coming up, and I was wondering if I should start a personal project, or partecipate in the next challenge.
Although the threads stay open indefinately, it seems nobody looks at them anymore, after a while, and what's the point of posting if nobody is going to critique it?
The thing is that I have seen so much good work in the past challenges that I would be honored to participate in the same challenge as these talented people. I look forward to that.
Thanks again.

My thoughts as well.

cheers
S.

CaptainObvious
06-16-2006, 12:10 PM
Underwater challenge? modo doesn't do volumetrics or caustics. Crap! :(

silvia
06-16-2006, 04:32 PM
Isn't there any way you can fake them, or add them in post?

jeremybirn
06-16-2006, 05:04 PM
Isn't there any way you can fake them, or add them in post?

He was probably just BS'ing for some reason.

-jeremy

CaptainObvious
06-17-2006, 01:55 PM
I guess you could call it tongue-in-cheekish. :p Faking is more work, and I'm notoriously lazy.

CGTalk Moderation
06-17-2006, 01:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.