PDA

View Full Version : How to real time preview the comp in a RGB monitor?

morimitsu
06-06-2006, 02:45 PM
I d'like to use my DVCAM as my output device to preview the comp in real time, just how preview the video in Premiere Pro.

Is it possible? It would be great, since I often composite, and then I have to render, import it in Premiere and check if the color was ok.

Is there a workaround to preview it?

payton
06-06-2006, 07:30 PM
not a workaround - its a option!

just check your AE settings.

i think it will be called "video preview"

good luck,
payton

djmatix
06-22-2006, 07:11 PM
I d'like to use my DVCAM as my output device to preview the comp in real time, just how preview the video in Premiere Pro.

Is it possible? It would be great, since I often composite, and then I have to render, import it in Premiere and check if the color was ok.

Is there a workaround to preview it?

Yeah you can preview realtime if the DVCAM has a firewire input and video output (to a tv). It's in the options under "video preview" select "IEEE 1394 - OHCI Compliant", make sure you have your camera on, and hooked into the firewire. There is a slight delay when working in After Effects like moving stuff around etc, and once it plays (like doing a ram preview) there will be a slight delay on the screen in conjunction with the sound...so in the end, you'll have to look at the preview on your monitor to get a real idea. Hope that helps!

Kraa
07-31-2006, 11:30 AM
Hi, im having problems with setting up my camera for prewievs. I am using AE7pro. I think the camera should be in VCR-mode, right? Should i change any settings in the camera (sony trv25) i am using between my monitor and computer.

Right now i cant get picture to monitor. I have changed those settings mentioned above and i dont get any error messages with these settings. What to check next???

Kraa
08-03-2006, 06:11 PM
Anyone???

still working on it...

CGTalk Moderation
08-03-2006, 06:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.