PDA

View Full Version : Cybercrime spurs college courses in digital forensics

RobertoOrtiz
06-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Quote:
"One of the hottest new courses on U.S. college campuses is a direct result of cybercrime.
Classes in digital forensics - the collection, examination and presentation of digitally stored evidence in criminal and civil investigations - are cropping up as fast as the hackers and viruses that spawn them.

About 100 colleges and universities offer undergraduate and graduate courses in digital forensics, with a few offering majors. There are programs at Purdue University, Johns Hopkins University, the University of Tulsa, Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Central Florida. Five years ago, there were only a handful.

"I teach students to be like (TV supersleuth) MacGyver," says Sujeet Shenoi, a computer science professor at the University of Tulsa."

>>LINK<< (http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20060606/tc_usatoday/cybercrimespurscollegecoursesindigitalforensics;_ylt=AjWsMssloReFRLmRa3JAgOqs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3cjE0b2MwBHNlYwM3Mzg)

-R

mech7
06-06-2006, 04:28 PM
:love:hmmm Mac Guyver you say.. I need to be in that class:buttrock:

A. Wright
06-06-2006, 10:48 PM
:love:hmmm Mac Guyver you say.. I need to be in that class:buttrock:

It would be pretty cool to catch a cybercriminal with nothing but some duct tape, a spork, 2 rubber bands, and a rubber glove.

CGTalk Moderation
06-06-2006, 10:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.