PDA

View Full Version : Luc Besson's Arhtur and the Minimoys (Trailer)

Solothores
06-06-2006, 01:09 PM
Gang,

Seems like the first trailer hit the net:
http://fr.movies.yahoo.com/features/arthur_et_les_minimoys/

Currently only available in .wmv format. Sorry.

Cheers & Enjoy
Solo

Pufferfish
06-06-2006, 01:39 PM
Looks interesting. It's Luc Besson piece so I think I have to go see it :)

ThomasMahler
06-06-2006, 01:41 PM
I don't like where this is heading. Feels like been there, done that.

Pentagramma
06-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Wow! Looks great! Looking forward to it... :thumbsup:

RobertoOrtiz
06-06-2006, 03:38 PM
One thing that you have to give to Luc Besson.

The man knows how to direct and write action.

I am there.

-R

visionmaster2
06-06-2006, 06:24 PM
yes the design look's good.

Dennik
06-06-2006, 07:31 PM
This trailer looks far better than the stills. However the character design looks weird nommater what they'll do. And the animation is not the best i've seen. But it looks interesting.

SheepFactory
06-06-2006, 08:05 PM
It reminds me of trolls. :D

http://www.caffeeclectic.com/archives/images/Ballerina_Queen.jpg

paintbox
06-06-2006, 09:17 PM
I love Luc Bessons work, this looks good, the images captivate me... I wish my french was better though, could only understand snippets.

Flog
06-06-2006, 10:11 PM
this looks fun and interesting. A little differant than the usual talking animals.

ParamountCell
06-06-2006, 10:23 PM
I don't like where this is heading. Feels like been there, done that.

I feel like that every time i see an animation with talking animals even though i often enjoy those animations.

This however looks pretty cool, Like rob said he knows how to direct action.

heney
06-06-2006, 11:36 PM
I really enjoy his work, but this just doesn't appeal to me at all. I don't like the designs and the animation looks stiff. Hopefully this will pan out like Cars, where the trailers don't look so great, but the actual movie is.

-JT-
06-07-2006, 09:02 AM
Luc Besson used to do some really good movies (Nikita, Subway, The big blue, The fifth element etc..) but lately he's produced really bad ones (Taxi, Banlieue 13 etc..) so I'm a bit worried with this one.
I wish it to be a success though, it's always good to see something different than the Pixar and Dreamworks kind (that I love btw).

ringzero
06-07-2006, 09:39 AM
Character animation looks good for tv - poor by feature standards.

Character design looks average to poor for tv - very bad by feature standards.

Probably didnt have the budget to push the visuals being a euro flic.

I agree with the poster who said LUC BESSON is now no guarentee of a great pic - too many serious duds in recent memory.

We can however live in hope that he gets his vibe back in the future - I get the feeling it wont be this film that gets him back to form.

heney
06-07-2006, 01:09 PM
Yeah I would just rather remember him as the Fifth Element, Leon, The Messenger, etc. guy. I completely forgot about his recent work: Transporter, Taxi, etc. that has just been painful to watch.

Layer01
06-07-2006, 03:09 PM
Luc Besson used to do some really good movies (Nikita, Subway, The big blue, The fifth element etc..) but lately he's produced really bad ones (Taxi, Banlieue 13 etc..) so

whoa! taxi is far from being bad, in fact it and taxi 2 are some of the coolest "for fun" flicks i've ever seen. i'm not saying they are high brow but c'mon they are awesome movies...and i assume your talking about the original(s) not the crappy american abomanation.

and this reminds me of the borrowers more than anything, right down to the the fast car/toy rushing through a tunnel.
i'll wait and see before i pass judgement

montclaris
06-08-2006, 12:48 AM
I agree Luc B produced and directed mediocre movies lately. Plus the novel this flick is adapted from is even worse.
The studio that did all the CG, though is known for high quality work (Fight Club, Matrix), so it might be worth a try for eye candy :) .

anakinbrego
06-11-2006, 09:30 AM
The Engilsh version of the trailer is now up on the official site.
http://www.arthuretlesminimoys.com/

CGTalk Moderation
06-11-2006, 09:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.