PDA

View Full Version : Final Render vs Scanline(Problems)

TEX-VITE
06-05-2006, 08:00 PM
I have been using FInal Render Stage 1 now for only about a month so I don't know really indepth all of the issues with Final Render. I have been searching this site now for some time but cannot find an answer.

I am having an issue where all of my scenes render in Final Render in 8+ hours whereas the default Scanline takes between 10 - 20 minutes. THe senior Illustator here has taken a look and sees nothing wrong however maybe someone on this forum could suggest why the scanline would be so much quicker.

I cannot post the scenes or send them out because they are concept product designs.

In the Final Render there is no GI, and no Caustics. Between the two renderers I am using the exact same lighting scheme. I have faked GI with a dome of 40 lights using Shadow Mapping. THe scene contains about 16000 polys. I have done a number of tests where even with all of the lights turned off and only one on it still takes rediculous time. THis leasds me to believe it is the geometry. I am using reflection but I am also using raytraced reflections when I do the scanline as well. Honestly I am at such a loss.

Any help would be great.
Thanks

feldy
06-06-2006, 03:13 AM
yoyu can delete out the model and put in a tepot with the same shader on it but does the secen have motion blur on it?

TEX-VITE
06-19-2006, 12:34 PM
Orry for the late response. we figured it out and it was actually the raytrace function. We used a standard raytrace intead of the fraytrace. Once we switched over to the fraytrace things went very quickly. Thanks for responding.

CGTalk Moderation
06-19-2006, 12:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.