PDA

View Full Version : Attribute Spreadsheet ??

robeque00
06-05-2006, 05:04 PM
I was using Maya or a long while and recently had to make a switch to 3ds max. Does anyone who is familiar with both Maya and 3ds max know of anything in max that is equivilent to the attribute spreadsheet in Maya? I would love to be able to change the attributes of many different objects at once that could not be made as instances.

For my example I have a bunch of lights that should all have the same attibutes, but are included on different objects within the scene therefore could not be instanced. I want to change the intensity on all of those lights with just one change rather than going into each light and changing them individually.

Someone please tell me there is a way to do this!!

thanks,
~R

soulburn3d
06-05-2006, 05:50 PM
I think Bobo had a script to do that once, check out www.scriptspot.com and see if it's still around. But honestly I agree, a spreadsheet is super useful and wish it were built into max.

- Neil

_stev_
06-05-2006, 06:24 PM
This guy has a script that'll do that.

http://maxima.orionflame.com/

Go to Light, then Production tools. The script is called Massive. It should do what you want.

Stev

jaro_cg
06-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Then there's also the parameter collector, which speeds up changing different parameters on different objects that are not instances. And for lights the Light Lister a handy tool. And of course you can wire parameters of different objects to a custom attribute.

DangerousCliff
06-05-2006, 07:52 PM
for lights in particular, there is the light lister (tools-> light lister) or creating a light assembly (group-> assembly-> create) the assembly will give you one level control over all the lights in the assembly.

CGTalk Moderation
06-05-2006, 07:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.