PDA

View Full Version : XSI and new Ageia PhysX processors

mlmiller1983
06-05-2006, 03:01 AM
Has anybody tried using the Ageia Physx Simulation Engine in Softimage|XSI with the new Ageia Physx processors that have now hit the market? I keep reading that they are compatible but I want to hear from someone who has actually tried it out. Thanks!!!

mr Bob
06-05-2006, 04:36 AM
Ive seen the PCI boards for sale and I wondered the very same thing ......

B

dwigfor
06-05-2006, 06:12 AM
Me three.. I was just looking at that online over the weekend and was kinda surprised that the boards are available (at Best Buy) by BFG and not that expensive... Are they worth it?

Strang
06-05-2006, 11:38 PM
i believe Softimage stated that the Physics card would take support from them on their side and that they were waiting to get the hardware from Ageia. Once that happend, which it has, anyone on the support contract would just need a fix (QFE update). If your an average joe and now that the boards are out i would "think" the next release would have support for it assuming all goes well, but i am not Softimage so this is purely speculation.

CGTalk Moderation
06-05-2006, 11:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.