PDA

View Full Version : Renderfarm (URGENT)

PetriJ
06-05-2006, 12:04 AM
Hi.

I searched this forum, but didn't find a straight answer to this.

So I'm about to make a renderfarm, but I just don't know a darn thing about these license things :D
I will be netrendering a single frame interactively(render region), and to render animations at night, using 6 machines that has dual core processors. But I really don't know what type of licenses I should purchase, considering that the XSI Advanced has already 8 free tile-based distributed Satellite render tokens.
So, there are these three at the shop:

SOFTIMAGE XSI Batch
SOFTIMAGE XSI Batchserve
SOFTIMAGE XSI BatchUniversal

I already sent a message to softimage, but I thought to put this here too, to be sure to get an answer in reasonable time.

Thank you in advance.

Atyss
06-05-2006, 01:52 AM
First, I don't know why you got BatchServe in that list, because it shouldn't. Batchserve is a software, not a licensing scheme.

On this link (http://www.softimage.com/products/pro_ren/product_packaging/Default.aspx), you have the license schemes comparison.

According to that chart, the only difference between Batch and Batch Universal is that BU allows you to render mi files (using mental ray standalone). So in summary, if you don't intend to render mi files, go with Batch.

Cheers
Bernard

PetriJ
06-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Thank you very much for your quick reply.
Damn, I brosed that page, but never spotted that comparison link in there. :)
I also realized that XSI wiki is very good source for searching this kind of knowledge.

Thanks.
-pete

CGTalk Moderation
06-05-2006, 03:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.