PDA

View Full Version : black areas appear with final gather

aristea
06-03-2006, 08:00 PM
i get image flaws when i render with final gather when there are any kind of shadows involved in the scene. this is an area blackened like in the image attached. please help

aristea
06-03-2006, 08:32 PM
i read the threads of other people having the same problem, so i m being more specific since i dont seem to fit in any of the occassions:
-the material used is a shellac material
-the problem persists whatever kind of shadow i use, raytraced, mr shadow map, etc
- whatever filter or min max sample number
- there are no reflect/refract maps
- there are no negative rgb values or light values
-its a camera view
-i m using fg without gi because gi seems to take ages to render and this is an animation scene

what i m trying to avoid is rendering a separate shadow pass and an ambient/occlussion pass, i just want to get a correct all-in-one rendering...
thanx a lot

dimaxyz
06-03-2006, 09:02 PM
no reply's..........
Maybe something wrong with NORMALS../?
I dont know sorry.

StratusFarm
06-09-2006, 03:22 PM
I could have sworn that i read somewhere that a certian combination of Falloffs and raytrce in a material can cause this.
FOr the fun of it, post your material settings.

3DMadness
06-09-2006, 04:02 PM
I had once a similar problem and it was related to the material. Have you tried place a similar material not using the shellac? I bet it doesn't work well with MR and FG.

CGTalk Moderation
06-09-2006, 04:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.