PDA

View Full Version : Quicktime Syncing Problem.

OneSharpMarble
06-03-2006, 05:12 PM
Well i did a search here and tried the quicktime site but no luck so maybe someone here knows.

When I try to watch some animations with quicktime the audio and video will go out of sync, usually with the sound coming in late. If I start the video at a later time I can almost get the two to line up but never quite right.

This only happens in quicktime and I was wondering if it has happened to anyone else?

I am thinking of just reinstalling but I doubt that will work, any suggestions?

Tarrbot
06-03-2006, 06:14 PM
What are your system specs? How much RAM? How much disk space? What size of processor? etc, etc.

maX_Andrews
06-03-2006, 09:58 PM
It's likely a bad match between the sampling rate of the audio and the framerate of the video. Hence, either the video or the audio is running a bit faster than the other and they go out of sync no matter what. What format are the problem files?

OneSharpMarble
06-04-2006, 04:51 AM
The pc I use on the net is about 5 years old..
- AMD 1800
- 1.15ghz
- 512RAM
and an el cheapo video card I got for like $40 a couple months ago. Could it really be a hardware problem?

Now I put my own reel on my pc and when I try to play it everytime it is out of sync, it is a quicktime movie file compressed with sorenson 3.

Tarrbot
06-04-2006, 01:07 PM
It *could* be your system specs.

But, it very well may be what Max_Andrews suggested and that's the quicktime .mov itself.

One way to determine if it's the settings for your demo would be to go and find a .mov elsewhere online and see if it plays correctly.

If it does, then the problem is your quicktime demo. If not, then it's the system, whether that is a software thing or a hardware thing is undetermined at this point.

OneSharpMarble
06-05-2006, 02:55 AM
heh I watched my reel on my new pc and it played fine, I guess it is my dusty old pc's fault. Thanks guys :D

CGTalk Moderation
06-05-2006, 02:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.