PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Create Your Own Ecosystems/SolidGrowth for Use in VUE

jamwae
06-02-2006, 06:13 PM
I was just wondering how you create Ecosystems/SolidGrowth in the 3D package of choice to export for use in VUE.

I use LightWave and XSI. Is there a way to do that, or do you have to have some wierd e-on software, or do you create the objects, import them into VUE and set up the SolidGrowth/Ecosystem that way?

Are there tutorials on line somewhere for this?

alvin-cgi
06-02-2006, 11:40 PM
...As far as I know, you can import plant(static) and use Ecosystems, but not SolidGrowth.
You can not create new plant in vue, but you can modify vue's plants to new species.

Another way is to buy it from Cornucopia3D.com

:shrug:Can someone comfirm this... cheers

MsLin
06-03-2006, 11:41 AM
The ecosystem is created in Vue. The only SolidGrowth objects available for ecosystems are the plants specifically created for Vue and have a .veg file extension. You cannot turn another object format into a .veg format.

That being said, you can import any supported object type into Vue and crate an ecosystem in Vue. I'm sure there are other 3d packages out there that create ecosystems - they might import into Vue as an object. But once in Vue, they could not be manipulated and modified in Vue's ecosystem setup.

Lin

jamwae
06-03-2006, 06:06 PM
So does that mean you can create a .veg file within VUE to make a SolidGrowth object then, or is e-on the only ones who can do such a thing?

MsLin
06-04-2006, 01:42 AM
At this point, e-on is the only one who can make an original .veg file. You can edit a plant in the plant editor, making a variation, and save the altered species as a .veg file.

Lin

IvanB
06-05-2006, 02:35 AM
I think the way to do it is to import a supported object then save object as "vob"...I have used this meathod to import my lightwave objects..save as vob and used the object to create eco systems..I have done it with buildings and characters not plants..but im sure if you import a plant and save as vob you can use it in eco..

jamwae
06-05-2006, 04:19 AM
I wonder if they'll come out with a .veg creator/editor with VUE 6 then.

Seems like there'd be a way to export morphs and weightmaps for use with the SolidGrowth technology, but maybe that's the next step after e-on finishes the XSI xStream port. Maybe you have to be a PYTHON guru or something to get that going in the meantime.

Thanks for the responses.

matt-ksp
06-06-2006, 06:38 PM
im pretty sure you have to buy the solid growth software from e-on to make solid-growth vegitation. makes sense, they wouldn't make as much money otherwise.

mdunakin
06-08-2006, 10:23 PM
im pretty sure you have to buy the solid growth software from e-on to make solid-growth vegitation. makes sense, they wouldn't make as much money otherwise. Though to me, personally, I feel they'd make ten times more money if they'd just add the feature
to let people create their own plants then having to buy them every time they want a new plant type.
I sure keep hoping this gets added some time in some new version, because
I can't stand having to wait on someone else to make plants that "I" want to use.
And THEN having to hope that they would turn out as good as I might make them or want them to be?

And please, can they add a Perspective view for crying out loud!
I hate not being able to just have a view that I can use as a perspective view to rotate
the viewing area around so to be able to more easily work on your scene, since the ortho
views don't always allow for decent viewing of objects and parts of the scenes.

.................md ;)

That-JC
06-09-2006, 02:34 AM
As mentioned, you can import any supported mesh object (e.g. .obj, .3ds, etc.) into Vue 5i and add it into any Ecosystem. But only Solidgrowth vegetation will have each instance modified so they don't all look the same - under user control of variation amounts. Non .veg object instances will all look the same in an Ecosystem.

People make very unique plants by starting with an existing Solidgrowth plant and editing it in the built-in editor - especially if they use their own alpha mapped leaves and their own bark materials, such as from photos. XFrog plants work well too - but again you can't get unique instances in Ecosystems.

I agree it would be great if you could make Solidgrowth plant species from stratch, but the workarounds do work.

mdunakin
06-09-2006, 02:59 AM
HI JC;
Not sure if you were replying to me or someone else, if you were, I already know about the
Static plants and why I want the abillity to create my own REAL Vue plants, (.veg).
The kind that can be changed in and eco system from plant to plant.

I make my own static plants as well as modifying the Vue plants,
but there is only so much you are allowed to change and modify.

I want more control and freedom to create my own, changable plants ;)

And BTW, I didn't want anyone to take my message above as me being
pissed off or something like that, or rude about Vue, they were just wishings outloud :)

I'm keeping my fingures crossed though X X ....................md :)

Hamfam
06-16-2006, 07:49 AM
edit: wrong topic

CGTalk Moderation
06-16-2006, 07:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.