PDA

View Full Version : details

theguffman
06-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Wondering how people go about doing details. I'm going through some tutorials, specifically now the practical zbrush, and I'm working on the armor. however, a lot of the stuff that seems available to do in the tutorial I can't really practically get to work on my piece. specifically, I'm talking about doing, say, lifted pieces of metal off the armor. something like this

http://www.grace-collection.com/images/AB117_Front.jpg

the gold trim there, if I pulled up the pieces that are raised, it dosn't raise evenly, and if I we're to smooth it, it doesn't give me that clean line that should be there. wondering how people go about doing this. thanks

DaedraLord
06-03-2006, 11:36 PM
use masking, and make sure the part you want to raise is unmasked and use a modifier.

theguffman
06-04-2006, 05:29 AM
hmm, I didn't think of that, although is seems an interesting way to do it

I've seen people do it just with the texturing though, so I'm still curious, but masking, yeah I may try that out

DaedraLord
06-06-2006, 07:29 PM
hmm, I didn't think of that, although is seems an interesting way to do it

I've seen people do it just with the texturing though, so I'm still curious, but masking, yeah I may try that out

well you cuold use a texture. paint a gray scall picture of the mask. apply it, and somewere is an option to mask based on the texture

CGTalk Moderation
06-06-2006, 07:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.