PDA

View Full Version : CGIndia Announce Release of First CG ToolBar *****

dixit13
06-02-2006, 04:09 PM
http://cg-india.com/images/CGToolbar_art1.jpg (http://www.cg-india.com/CGToolbar.html) 1000's of users have already Installed CGToolbar~
- CGIndia (http://cg-india.com/) is proud to announce the Release of CGToolbar for Computer Graphics Community. CGToolbar is extremely useful and must have tool for CG Artists, Animators, VFX and 3d professionals. CGIndia's Toolbar is one of its kind (unique)- probably the first toolbar which is loaded with custom features, built by focusing on the needs of a computer graphics professional and to cater the whole CG community. This small but powerful Toolbar bring all the resources a CG artists ever need at their fingertips by bridging the gap between various useful CG Portals. Besides all this, its offers all the features that a normal toolbar may have. You can access your favorite forums ní links like CG Society with ease and read news feed from the best CG websites and much more. For Search, You can choose between trusted Google or Computer Graphics community based search engine. It's free, with no spy ware or viruses, no ads, does not open pop-ups or hijack your searches, and no personal information is required.Download your free CG Community Toolbar now and get connected............download link (http://www.cg-india.com/CGToolbar.html) !!
[Note: Firefox version of CGToolbar is Compatible with MAC OS X ]

Enjoy.....CheeRzzz!!

amd_raj
06-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Very Well Done:bounce: ..why didnít someone thought of it earlier:shrug: ?
runing setup.......Installed :thumbsup: !!
Please add concept art forum :)
thank

Jozvex
06-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Hmmm, I thought I'd give it a try in Internet Explorer seeing as though I never use it. It's 'ok' but it would be nice if the different catagories like Models/Textures/etc had a dropdown menu to other sites in the same way that the forums button does. Of course you want to promote the CGIndia website but just make that the default button choice rather than the only choice.

And......the real killer..........it has SOUND?? Sound and toolbar don't really go together I don't think.

But hey the RSS ticker is cool at least!

dixit13
06-05-2006, 08:57 AM
HI jozvex , thanks for your suggestion...infect I am working on that, in coming days you will find other useful site under models and textures (may be tutorials)...Our main motive is to provide a very useful tool rather than CGI promotion.....Check CG Feed drop down , which displays latest news from Vfxworld, CG society, CGIndia, script spot and AWN....N Don’t forget to check New! button drop-down........CGToolbar has lots of good features and more good ones will be added soon......I suggest you too, click on Every Drop-Down button in CGToolbar to Explore its full potentials......Thanks for trying out CGToolbar and suggestion for improving it are most welcome........Good day people!
amit

CGTOOLBAR main page (http://www.cg-india.com/CGToolbar.html) :thumbsup:

3dTus
06-06-2006, 03:23 PM
....Installed!!
Great Job Dixit:applause:

tciny
06-06-2006, 05:38 PM
I like the idea, though it seems kind of bloated to be honest. I was expecting a small toolbar with things only relevant for CG. Firefox has a google search bar already, and things eMail checking, anti-virus check just arent really cg related.
My advice would be to throw out all that stuff and instead create a tiny bar that has the sole purpose of showing people information that they otherwise wouldn't have looked at. People already have bookmarks to their favourite forums, free model sites etc.
What would _really_ interest me would be something like: I tell the bar my interests, say Maya, Programming, Renderman and so forth and it'll show me news about those topics. That'd be really usful because it would display news even from sites that one rarely visits otherwise.

strangerthings
06-06-2006, 11:52 PM
I am running the firefox version but I am constantly getting a "NSIS" pop up now . Can you confirm that this is not becasue of the toolbar? Other than that, it's a good time saver

dixit13
06-08-2006, 04:51 PM
Hello everyone, thanks for your suggestion..

Amd_raj - conceptart.org has been added to CGToolbar. Try using CGToolbar in shrink mode.

Jozvex - Now you have drop down menu for models and textures. I havenít added lot of websites yet, but more will be added soon.

tciny - thanks for suggestions...you will see lot of features in future in the same lines. Currently you have script spot under CG Feed for latest max scripts.

Also, You can choose between trusted Google or Computer-Graphics community based search engine in CGToolbar. We have been working on CGI community powered search engine (CGIndia Swicki) for last couple of months. The Search engine displays results from CGIndia as well as other CG portals and users can actively suggest changes directly on the search page and contributes to the quality of the search results, which itself is great feature. More ideas and suggestion are welcome to make this tiny tool more useful.

Good Day!
amit.

durbdk
09-25-2006, 06:01 PM
Hi all, old thread but i have a question for all you who have experience with the cgtoolbar. Does anyone know of a version for Opera? I can't find any info on it, so I figure I'm s*** out of luck, but thought I'd ask anyway; one never knows... :p

Thanks for any info, and take iot easy.

CGTalk Moderation
09-25-2006, 06:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.