PDA

View Full Version : Point selected all the time, why?

doca
06-02-2006, 04:01 PM
Hi, friends. I'm new to XSI (ex max user), and have one, probably, silly question. When I select an object, vertices (points) are visible all the time, even when they aren't selected, and that's iritating me very much. Vertices are visible, also, in all selecttion modes, I mean, they are visible even when I'm in edge or polygon selecton mode. I, probably, pushed some key, but what key? Please help me to stop thet iritating behavior.
Ah, one more question. When I an in Move component tool (M) action, point that I'm trying to move is sliding, somehow strange, not in the way I'm trying to. How to make it working normally. (Perheaps, I've pressed something wrong again).
Thanks ina advance.

sciics
06-02-2006, 05:24 PM
on that particular view click on the eye icon and uncheck points....

Your welcome :-p

doca
06-02-2006, 05:44 PM
Thank you very much soulstation.
But what bout second problem? Points that are moving strange when I'm in Move component mode (M key)? What have I pressed?

grahamef
06-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Make sure you haven't activated Slide mode (the little picture of a magnet at the bottom of a viewport when you activate the Tweak Component tool). Also, check the frame of reference on the Transform panel you probably want Local. Finally, check the snapping to make sure you're not snapping to poly faces.

dwigfor
06-02-2006, 08:07 PM
Or do you have PROP selected?

doca
06-03-2006, 04:15 AM
It was PROP selected, lol.
If you allow, I'll ask one more thing. Seems to me that viewport responds very slow. There is some delay between command and XSI to do the job. My graphic card is radeon 1600pro, and I think that's not the reason. Do I have to do some settings for memory, OGL... or anything else?

diginime
06-03-2006, 12:47 PM
If you allow, I'll ask one more thing. Seems to me that viewport responds very slow. There is some delay between command and XSI to do the job. My graphic card is radeon 1600pro, and I think that's not the reason. Do I have to do some settings for memory, OGL... or anything else?
Hmm...maybe processor? I'm Maya user but switch to XSI currently. When i used Maya the comp run smooth but when come to XSI, it slow down. Maybe is processor speed.Hope this helps!:)

Sbowling
06-03-2006, 01:09 PM

It's most likely the graphics card. ATI cards are not recomended for XSI (or most other professional 3d programs).

doca
06-03-2006, 02:58 PM
After another night with XSI, maybe I could be more specific. When I start modeling everything id going fine, but after some time and after poly is growing, XSI is geting slower. Not just in a viewport, but, even when I'm opening any submeny. I dont believe that it is processor (mine is AMD 64 3500+), or any hardware damage. A lot of people are talking bout ATI as bad solution for XSI, but but thats the way it has to be right now, I cant change graphic card so soon. Does any know what driver could be the best solution for ATI - XSI?

gent_k
06-03-2006, 03:16 PM
You need to freeze the model from time to time (in the lower right corner), because XSI keeps a construction history and as the list grows things take a while. If you're modelling and are sure that you don't want to keep history you can work in 'Immediate' mode, and you won't have to freeze at all. (but disable it when doing other stuff)

doca
06-03-2006, 04:46 PM
gent_k@
Oh, thats good tip. Thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
06-03-2006, 04:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.