PDA

View Full Version : Lens Flare Operator Alpha Channel?

Douglask
01-10-2003, 08:52 PM
Hey guys, got a question for ya. Okay I've produced a lensflare over a black Solid layer in Combustion2. Now the problem is rendering this lensflare out with an alpha channel so the editor can apply it in another software package. It's just not happening! :annoyed: Any ideas?

Cheers! :beer:

xmb
01-12-2003, 05:18 PM
how did you manage to display a lensflare on a transparent solid layer?
i tried it myself and it's only working when there is some inormation containing, but not when it's transparent...
and you can only export something with alpha-channel if the background is transparent and not black (for example).

but since a lensflare or other filters aint working with no image-data or information you have to use at least a black solid layer, render it out and then make a transfer-mode composite on your footage.

cerebros
01-12-2003, 07:21 PM
Dump it out on a black bg, and get the other guy to comp it in using a screen transfer mode. The only proper way to get "flares' into real world comping jobs...

If that doesn't work, try to get it unmultiplied in its color channel and use a luma of the "original" flare as its alpha channel.

Rough work around, but might work ok...

-C-

Douglask
01-12-2003, 10:18 PM
Hey, thanks guys, yeah I thought worse-case senario I'd have to give "as-is." Too bad there's no alpha generator for the operators. would be very handy!

:beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.