PDA

View Full Version : reactor parachute

atow3212
06-01-2006, 06:18 PM
i'm working with reactor water and rope/cloth collections... i'm trying to create a cargo box with attached parachute (similar to what would be dropped from a cargo plane).

My objects were going to be...
parachute(with air risistance) (cloth plane in cloth collection)
attached to ropes (splines in rope collection)
attached to cargo box (rigid body).

So, the problem I've had is that I cant seem to make the cloth affect the ropes (air resistance will help keep the ropes/box in the air) and have the box affect the ropes... circular references and such.

So, I tried putting null rigid bodies at each of the connection points of the rope. If i set the rigid body constraints (in the cloth and rope modifiers) to "ignore collisions", it seemed to workpretty well. the "don't affect rigid body" is useful at certain points in that setup also. I got the chute with 1 rope and the box to fall and be attached, but when I attach all the other ropes the rope/cloth meshes basically explode. Any ideas?

Even theoretical ideas on best practices would be great. I've done some stuff with reactor before, but this is my first cloth/rope collection experiment. Thank yas!

cheers,
adam

CGTalk Moderation
06-01-2006, 06:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.