PDA

View Full Version : Sketchbook Thread of Makaron

makaron
06-01-2006, 03:40 PM
a start on "me"... done a lot of "blobs" and smudge them a bit... and I wonder how to progress... should I smudge out the pixels to a nice skin and hair? or? what kind of brush to use? help me... :) please :)

http://hem.bredband.net/blackdiamondsunny/jag.jpg

mostly for the practice I do this... I never paint humans and need the shadow and light pratice too... Iīm using Photoshop CS2

CYa :wavey:

Gunilla
06-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Great start Mona! I really like the lighting you got going for the right shoulder and top of the head - maybe take it even further by darkening the other parts?

Rebeccak
06-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Mona,

Great to see your Anatomy Thread up! :)

I think this piece is looking really great so far ~ the main areas I would recommend working on are the shoulders, whose axes look a bit off. Otherwise, things are looking really good with this piece. If you like, I am happy to do a paintover showing where the shoulder axes might be placed.

Cheers, :)

~Rk

makaron
06-02-2006, 04:59 AM
Hallo Gunilla... and you right as usal... more shadows... put a post-it up beside the donīt merge now... shadows... is not only light in the world... :)

and thanks Beckie... yes please, do a paint-over :) the funny pose comes from that fact I sit in my chair like a "bag of nuts" and since I use the webcam to look at myself when I did it, no wonder the pose is off... :blush:

http://hem.bredband.net/blackdiamondsunny/jag3.jpg

Agamemnwn
06-02-2006, 05:06 AM
hej Mona , Great Value work you are getting better and better :D

DaddyMack
06-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Wow! That's a great start Mona, I really like the lighting on the second one:thumbsup:

But where's the gp?:p

Rebeccak
06-02-2006, 10:44 PM
Hi, Mona,

Sorry for the belated reply! :)

Here is a review of your piece:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b380/rebeccak5/Anatomy%20Thread%20of%20Makaron/Makaron_Rev-01.gif

Makie, one thing I must tell you is that if you plan to go to an art college, what they really want to see in a Portfolio is Traditional and not Digital work. Do you have a college advisor / can you talk to an art teacher who can give you guidance as to what to include in a Portfolio?

~Rebeccak

makaron
06-03-2006, 06:45 AM
tack jannis... :)

daddymack: my GPs donīt like sitting in the lap... :cry: they running like mad on the floor tho... but that keep them slim... and they do have their own thread ;) but nice to see you like the light...

and thanks Beckie... :bounce: now I see what you mean.... letīs see what I can do here...
but Iīm streching now in my chair... pull the shoulders back.. gonna keep that paintover to remind me to sit in a better posture...
and for art college plans, donīt have any such plans just now... just a hobby... I have some things I did with tradional pen and paper, but canīt show those for advice, my scanner wonīt work...

Zapan
06-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Yahoo !! here's the Mona Anat. thread !!

Looking real cool already ,
can't wait for more !! :bounce:

cheers ,

-Zapan

shakes
06-04-2006, 01:28 AM
hey, what a nice WIP GPQ!! the shadowing looks very nice so far..I'll keep an eye on this one! ..the journey continues!!

makaron
06-05-2006, 07:16 AM
hallo Zapan... thanks... and sorry for no elfs... just me... haha... :p
thanks you shakes... its fun to play with shadows and light... but Iīm kind of "timid" donīt dare to do too much... a shadowchicken s the word maybe... :D

and some more smudge and some minor changes to the shoulders.. and soon time to do the fur.... ops.. :blush: the hair... stranded out some of it and later on getting into details...
and playing with some colors too...

http://hem.bredband.net/blackdiamondsunny/jag4.gif

CYa... :wavey:

Womball
06-05-2006, 07:19 AM
This looks really cool! I would check the cheek structure and the location of the mouth. They seem to be too far down.

daWinky
06-06-2006, 05:06 AM
Hey Mona!

I've just discovered your new thread, cool!:bounce: A new outbreak of creativity after the challenge!:)
This looks like a great start, I'm looking forward to see your progress with this piece!

-sabrina

Rebeccak
06-06-2006, 05:09 AM
Hiya Mona,

I echo everyone's sentiments here ~ I think this is coming along really nicely. Keep up the good work! :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

shakes
06-06-2006, 06:29 AM
Like your lighting gif!!

makaron
06-06-2006, 07:33 AM
hallo womball.. been looking at that and changed a little bit, thanks :)
Sabrina... thanks you and welcome :bounce: gotta try a human sometime... haha
Rebeccak: thanks ... :bowdown:
shakes: when I did the GIF... I sat here and said to myself, lights on.. lights off... and when it didnīt work the first time I asked myself... where did I put the lightbulbs. the lights wonīt go on.. :surprised

I better get back and smudge more skin... this is fun, every little wrinkle just dissapear... Photoshop is more effective than wrinklecreams... ;) haha
CYa:wavey:

makaron
06-07-2006, 09:30 AM
a little nosejob

http://hem.bredband.net/blackdiamondsunny/jag7.jpg

Womball
06-07-2006, 02:54 PM
It looks better, but I think you could still trim off half of that distance. I don't think the distance between the nose and mouth is that great.

TheFirstAngel
06-08-2006, 09:55 PM
great to see you working in here mona. the start looks great.
about the mouth, yeah it actually looks like its a bit low in the position wich could come from the looking down. also, the distance usually is a bit bigger there if somene has a button nose :)

highlighting on the lips/chin-area in the right softness and mass definition probably clear the angle :) (had to fight with the same in my desire piece) looking forward to your next update :) keep up the great work Mona :)

Rebeccak
06-16-2006, 02:05 AM
Mona,

Looking good! I think the left shoulder is a bit bright, but the definition of the right is coming along nicely. Have been out of town for a bit, my apologies for the delayed reply! Looking forward to your update. :)

Cheers,

~Rk

daWinky
06-16-2006, 07:03 AM
Hey there, Mona!

Nice progress with your portrait:) ! Are you still around here, or also enjoying some ice-cream testing like Gunilla! I've heard that the summer finally came to Sweden too:D ...

-sabrina

Lemog
07-06-2006, 05:48 AM
... and nobody inform me that you're started an anat thread here Mona ? well... glad to see you're working with you... I saw the progress... the way seem good... more contrast between ligthened parts and shadows will permit you to give the good shapes... I keep here to watching you... go Mona... :thumbsup:

Rebeccak
07-06-2006, 07:31 AM
Come back, Makie! :bounce:

~Rebeccak

makaron
11-05-2006, 08:33 AM
http://hem.bredband.net/blackdiamondsunny/esvamp3.jpg

a start on an image i had in my head since a couple of weeks from a forest near by...

theflash
11-05-2006, 10:06 AM
wow that looks nice...

Also I liked the style in which you did that portrait. keep up the good work :)

Rebeccak
11-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Wow, lovely work Mona! :) I'm not sure I see any GPs? :D Only kidding you...I really think you'd do a lovely set of natural images, like the early naturalistic work of illustrator Beatrix Potter (http://www.peterrabbit.com/beatrixpotter/beatrixpotter1d.cfm).

Nice to see your new work!

makaron
11-06-2006, 06:00 PM
hallo theflash and thanks... :) happy you like it...

and a special edition to Rebeccak :bounce:
of course itīs a GP in there... :p donīt you see it? *L*
but thanks for the good critic Rebeccak... a serie is a good idea... gonna try that

http://hem.bredband.net/blackdiamondsunny/frat2.jpg

makaron
04-18-2007, 02:25 PM
was in a bit of a hurry...posted it twice :eek:

makaron
04-18-2007, 02:25 PM
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/GPQ_Mak/sky1.jpg

from my memory a view from my kitchenwindow a day last fall...
want it to get a feeling... is it gonna rain or has it just rained...
and wanna have that dark oilpainting look to it...

getting there?

daWinky
04-19-2007, 05:54 AM
Hey there Mona!

So nice to see you back here with something new:) ! And I really like it, especially the sky seems to be very good for me:thumbsup: ...perhaps the foreground is a bit too dark, it's hard to see the details...
And I have to admit that I haven't seen your forest picture before, also very pleasant and with an interesting style...definitely want to see more of this:bounce: !

Nice day for you!

-sabrina

Lemog
04-19-2007, 06:00 AM
Hello Mona... glad to see you back in force with this new stuff...
Same feeling than Sabie about the foreground... maybe too much dark for my taste... but in the same time, it's more of possible...
...I'm speechless front of these clouds... even painted, they look more of real...
Congrats for this piece... I hope it's the first of a long series...

Kisses to you... and your GP's :)

shakes
04-19-2007, 08:24 AM
I agree with Sabrina, Mona, this is beautiful . I love the painterly look to it..very nice!!

Gunilla
04-19-2007, 08:41 AM
Hej Mona - good to see you back in business!
Those clouds look fantastic. Almost like Marcus Larsson, (http://slott.blogg.se/images/marcuslarsson_1159802546.jpg) very nice!
:)

NR43
04-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Hi there

great thread so far I must say!
saw a lot of progression in that Self Portrait

Your muchroom scene and the latest (the clouds) one seem to suffer a bit from edges being too hard. If you would soften your edges (even for things that seem to have hard edges), all the elemenets in your paintings would fit better together, as where now it looks like they have been painted on different layers.
Definitely want to see more from you!

Greatto
04-21-2007, 10:12 AM
Hello GPQP)
You know I'm impressed! your portrait is Amazing! Last update is perfect, you have unique style! your color version of your portrait is so great like photo if u'll look from far distance!

Landscape, so amzing, as u said its your first image, its really great one, its on my desktop now)
Clouds are really photorealistic! I think you had Level up some time ago ;) hehe

Good Luck Dear Mak!

Timur.

Rebeccak
04-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Heya makie! This latest painting is so sophisticated and impressive - I really hope to see more like these! I'm blown away. :)

makaron
06-20-2007, 10:58 PM
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/GPQ_Mak/bimbo-on-turtlehunt.jpg

started a drawing on another one of my GPs Bimbo...

and thanks for C&C on the other pics... gonna get back with updates soon on them...
been having some problems with lost files and backups.. but it seems to work now so

CYa soon :wavey:

daWinky
06-25-2007, 05:02 AM
Hey Mona:wavey: , I've nearly missed this cute guy...what to say, you're really perfect in mastering the fur, it could have been a photo at first glance, and the environment looks also good:thumbsup: ...so your GPs are playing with turtles:scream: !?

And great to hear that we can look forward to an update of your "kitchenwindow-picture", hope to see something soon!

-sabrina

Lemog
06-25-2007, 05:53 AM
Hej Mona...

very sweet hairy drawing ! the new friend seem very peacefull... hahaha... very simpathetic framing :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
06-25-2007, 05:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.