PDA

View Full Version : wrapped wire technique?

FoSi
06-01-2006, 01:27 AM
hi all.. im trying to model some objects that are made of steel wrapped wires! ..so i did a lil investigation on how to achieve these effect.. i came across with some modelling scripts that could generate randomly sections on geometrys, and some other scripts that could generate from one single spline, others in some chaotic way!
...but with those scripts i couldnt generate "a single wire spline that could wrap an intire single geometry/body" with some sort of random!!!

does anyone knows a way to do this?

the attach is a render of an object that i did modelled using sections done with a max script named SectionSCAN!
i also tried twig gen!
but i coulnd achieve the single wire wrapping effect!
please help...

thanks

tredeger
06-03-2006, 04:47 PM
just a brainstorm- if the shape is simple, like a bowl, model it as you normally would all clean and quads. Then spin the quads progressively up the side of the bowl so that they all form a single continuous loop. Then just script to generate the geo by following the loop.

not a really specific solution, but perhaps a place to start.

CGTalk Moderation
06-03-2006, 04:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.