PDA

View Full Version : Linux Rotoscoping Video Problem

stefanosoik
06-01-2006, 02:02 AM
I am trying to import a 9 sec video into the viewport as rotoscope but it allows me to choose only *.Mov video files and all the image files. The problem is that even mov files are not displayed at all. I remember on windows version is supporting a variety of codecs like avi and etc.

I am using Fedora Core 4, and i have installed the quick time codecs and can play mov files properly. I also installed all the windows codecs but XSI seems like cant locate them. Any ideas how to solve that?

I as thinking to export the video into image sequense but it is 280 frames which is a big effort for my machine. Has anyone used video for rotoscoping in a Linux version of XSI

stefanosoik
06-01-2006, 03:03 AM
well i ve applied the method of loading a sequense of frames but even when i load only 40 frames it gives me a message that the rotoscope cache overflows. Somehow this can be fixed.

Does anyone know how to?

CGTalk Moderation
06-01-2006, 03:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.