PDA

View Full Version : bookcover sample sketch

EricUNSL
03-11-2002, 05:42 PM
starship troopers bookcover sample sketch. I was recently made aware that the mecha design may be a bit too shirow-ish and though completely unintentional it bothers me so I turn to the talents here . If you have any suggestions on changes that can be made without me losing the image of the exposed pilot I would be most grateful.

bent
03-11-2002, 08:16 PM
If i recall correctly ST mech was not too advanced...
so perhaps by using harder, more mechanical bits with more detail and less streamline you would get what you're looking for.

Smoothe, organic battle suits are a Shiro dead giveaway... have a look at some Travis Charest stuff... might come in handy...
(the only one i could think of off the top of my head)

good luck, hope i was some help.

( bugs seem a little small, a sub-species?)

SoulCatcher
03-12-2002, 12:18 AM
I love Shirows art, I cannot even imagine how hard t is to try not to show ho influences me. But if you gotta go against the look. Try making things more industralized. I dont even know if thats a word but anyways try lookig for some Star Wars Art Episode 4-6 stuff (like the walkers and star destroyes). Now the new stuff by Doug Chiang might already be too smooth looking. Doug Chiang's trade federation designs might be good reference tough.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.