PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Fly Cycle

mistasam02
05-31-2006, 09:18 PM
Hey guys, havnt posted work in a while, so I decided to put my mech fight thing on hold, and start a new very short flying cycle for Kiel Figgins' dragon rig. Please let me know what you think needs changing, modifying, cutting. :D thanks!

Dragon Fly Cycle
Model/Rig - www.3dfiggins.com (http://www.3dfiggins.com)
File - 2mb .mov
http://www.samanimates.com/animation/dragonfly.mov

mistasam02
06-01-2006, 12:35 AM
o and the rider is holding onto the dragon's head... duno why it rendered like that. LOL

diegosocart12
06-01-2006, 01:07 AM
Your dragon cycle looks good. I think the wings look really good. The only spot I saw looking at your cycle this time is that the tail pauses in the up position for just a moment too long. It looks like he holds his tail up instead of the tail pausing just because of the dropping of the body. It looks good though and good luck finishing.

mistasam02
06-01-2006, 02:07 AM
crap.. ur right, that looks horrible!! i'm on it! :D thanks!

Chris Bacon
06-01-2006, 02:16 AM
also try loosening up the base of the tail, and tightening up the tip, just a bit.

and maybe a bit more overlapping in the tips of the wings, maybe ofset and push the poses on the tips a bit more. though Im not sure on that, try it anyway might look good,

chris

NeonGod
06-03-2006, 10:26 PM
looking good, love the model :-)

I'd work on the actual wings a bit more though... on the dragon's right wing you can see the bit at the tip 'snapping' into place when the wing is up for example

overall the wings don't look to me like they're carrying the weight of the dragon (assuming they're real wings), they should billow and flap around a lot more. their surface looks too rigid, if that makes sense.

charizma
06-05-2006, 12:44 PM
I think the concept is good i also thing the dragon fly is good, just one critic though it seems to me as if you got him on a yo-yo going up and down rather than haveing the affect of him flying, aprat from that i thnk its pretty kewl, and maybe i got it wrong and you was looking for that affect and maybe i was just assuming that it should be flying, but kewl work anyhow. :)

Soyseitan
06-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Nice start. What's your intention with this, an animated short ?

mistasam02
06-05-2006, 05:33 PM
thanks guys.. and iono, my intention was just to try and animate something flying in 3d. i've cleaned up the wings, tail, and rider so far.. but i think it's body is going up and down way too much. maybe if it isnt so extreme, it would look like the dragon is bigger? maybe flap the wings and then glide for a sec? gonna have to play around, but thanks for the tips!

bernoccoli
06-06-2006, 12:15 PM
the overall motion is cool, it seems to suffer too much for air friction.. try keeping the open-wings pose a little more, lowering cycle`s rythm a little. it should give it more weight i guess.

cheers.

CGTalk Moderation
06-06-2006, 12:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.