PDA

View Full Version : vampire lady

TimMehmet
05-31-2006, 07:05 PM
after class today a friend of mine said she wanted me to draw her a picture of a female vampire, and I actually liked the idea myself (usually I hate when people come up and request stuff)
So far Iv used no image references at all, despite it turning out alot like angelina jolie.
I have no idea what I plan to do with the composition, if anything,
any advice on anatomy etc apreciated.
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2720/womanface25ow.jpg
cheers

BrutalMonk
05-31-2006, 07:11 PM
It looks ok, the anatomy of her is correct for me. Ony thing the eye-teeth is a bit too big. Maybe try to open her mouth a little bit and you can show the teeth, but now its too big i think.

I just wanted to suggest that you should create the whole head first and after all crop it, because the lightnings and the anatomy can turn out deformed. Now its cool now, but it can make troubles.

Anyway, i love vampres, good luck for the project!

D

jmBoekestein
06-01-2006, 01:44 AM
it's a bit big. :) I think it would be easier to view ina browser if it were about 1000 pixels wide or less. looks very good anatomy wise, now it's to the crisping up of the features and their lighting, very nice!!! :thumbsup:

TimMehmet
06-01-2006, 10:00 AM
thanks guys :) I agree with the teeth, I was thinkin of just having blood only, but that may take away from her identity of vampire.
I resized the image for you, it really was too big

frostblade
06-01-2006, 11:17 AM
I think her mouth should be open too...slightly so she looks like she has teeth coming out from her gums rather than upper lip. Maybe a snare.

I think her eye looks kinda flat, missing a lot of the sphere like shading and stuff....maybe putting some pinks purple tint there to make her look sleepless or something.

You might also want to soften the edges a bit on the neck and jaw to fit into the background.

Dianae
06-01-2006, 11:26 AM
I love the cropping and expression :) There are some little issues on the face though : the left eye should be closer to the nose, so it should be a little bit visible. The lower eyelid of the right eye should be more defined. I agree about the fact that it would be better if her mouth were slightly open.
Nice work, it's going to be great!

TimMehmet
06-02-2006, 09:58 AM
Thanks all for the critiques, started working on those problem areas
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/9122/womanface22ua.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
06-02-2006, 09:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.