PDA

View Full Version : Avi Arad Resigns As Chairman/ceo Of Marvel Studios, Will Stay On To Produce

RobertoOrtiz
05-31-2006, 07:01 PM
Quote:
"Marvel Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: MVL), a global character-based entertainment and licensing company, today announced that the company has entered into a new arrangement with Avi Arad to independently produce films for Marvel under his own production company banner, Avi Arad Productions. In this new capacity, Mr. Arad will remain actively involved in Marvel's upcoming film slate, including Iron Man and Hulk, the first two films anticipated to be financed and produced by Marvel under its new film financing slate. Mr. Arad will also remain attached to produce various licensed productions, including the upcoming Spider-Man 3, scheduled for release next year, and subsequent sequels. Consistent with this restructuring, Mr. Arad is resigning from his corporate positions as Chairman and CEO of Marvel Studios, Chief Creative Officer of Marvel and a Marvel director, but will continue to serve as Creative Advisor for Marvel through the remainder of 2006.
"

>>LINK<< (http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72262)

-R

Xevious
05-31-2006, 07:07 PM
I wish him the best. I hope Iron Man and Hulk 2 will be great. I like to see the Hulk Smash!!

TheAlienGus
05-31-2006, 07:28 PM
I REALLY, REALLY hope hulk 2 is better than the first.

They better not screw up Iron Man, i'll be very upset.

Shade01
05-31-2006, 07:53 PM
I REALLY, REALLY hope hulk 2 is better than the first.

They better not screw up Iron Man, i'll be very upset.

I'd think it would be quite easy to screw this one up. There's certainly great character opportunity with alcoholic billionaire Tony Stark and James Rhodes (the black Iron Man), but they'll have to do some really good work to not make that suit of armor look lame on the big screen. This will probably be the only time you'll ever hear me say this, but the movie version should take a big departure from the comic version or that suit will look really cheesy.

The other problem is that other than Crimson Dynamo, Mandarin and Obidiah Stane (sp?), there weren't many Iron Man villians considered classic. I guess that's enough for a trilogy though.

CIM
05-31-2006, 09:57 PM
Why the hell would they make a The Hulk 2? :shrug:

Xevious
05-31-2006, 11:52 PM
I feel like I was the only person in the world who liked Ang Lee's Hulk. Everyone else seemed to hate it.

Still I thought all of the setup was dealt with in the first movie so there could be more action in the second one. I like to hear the Hulk talk more (Hulk Smash!!)

CGTalk Moderation
05-31-2006, 11:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.