PDA

View Full Version : short animation reel

jdonnelly
05-31-2006, 05:38 PM
Hi everyone! It gets hard seeing your own work day in and day out and, I'm starting to lose my critical eye for it and wanted to borrow a few of yours (but I promise you'll get them back)!
I still have more things to add to it, but I just wanted to see what you all thought of it so far.
I'm shooting for getting into either gaming or full featured 3D film. Does my reel need to be aimed towards one or the other??? Maybe so... not sure.
Anyway, any feedback would be great.
Thanks everyone!

http://www.CformatC.com

mistasam02
06-01-2006, 12:27 AM
hahahaha awesome ending quote! :D but overall i felt a lack of moving hold. also lack of ease in from all the movements. the cat (or dog?) part with the ball looked cool, it's got a nice poppy style to it, as does all your animation. i just think theres gotta be more easing after jumps and strong movements, instead of stopping quickly without resolution. (that the right word?) iono.. looked good though! maybe a lil short, if you have anything more to add into it. also a shotlist/jobs you did on it, unless you modelled/rigged it all. cheers man!

jdonnelly
06-01-2006, 01:13 AM
Cool, thanks so much for your feedback! I see what you mean now with the needing to ease in to holding poses and what nots in general. Guess I need to take on the arduous task of going back into the graph editor to fine tune things.
That last quote was from the movie "Everything is Illuminated". It was fun to animate that first and THEN watch the movie to see what it actually looks like.
And yes, its really short right now... I'm continuously adding more to it because I'm starting from the ground up this time. Plus I rigged and modeled everything except for the guys used in the lip synch animations.
Oh, and that IS a cat. :D (cats rule)

CGTalk Moderation
06-01-2006, 01:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.