PDA

View Full Version : xpresso help with instances

neonghost
05-31-2006, 03:45 AM
posted this in the main form initially as I completely forgot about these subforums:
--
Hi,

I have a reasonable working knowledge of xpresso for most straight forward tasks, but I'm at a bit of a loss tackling a potential xpresso solution to save a great deal of hand keying.

I have a spline which is to be the path of a couple hundred objects (all instances), but each individual object needs to travel at a different speed (ie complete an align to spline from 0-100% with both staggered starts and different duration). So I suppose what I'd like to do is have a huge amount of instances under a null, with each object being fed both a random frame number for starting animation, and another random number multiplied in a timer completing the 0-100% completion property of an align to spline tag.

However, I'm not really sure how to start, as I don't really understand how the iterator tag works, which I assume I'll have to use in relation to a link list... if anyone has a moment to try and explain or show an example I'd greatly appreciate it.

Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
05-31-2006, 03:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.