PDA

View Full Version : sugar cubes dynamics

michaelmccarthy
05-31-2006, 12:08 AM
hi all,

i have a project to do , that involves sugar cubes falling into a cup of coffee.

i was wondering how i can make the suga cubes fall into the cup and then bounce and float to the surface?

if anybody has any answers that would be great, as i am so new to animation and dynamics

MJM !

SoLiTuDe
05-31-2006, 05:46 AM
what app?? (this always helps) Generally though this would fall under a fluid dynamics situation. In 3ds max reactor has a basic water thing that can do this. In maya I don't know exactly how this is accomplished yet, and Realflow can also handle stuff like this

michaelmccarthy
05-31-2006, 12:14 PM
woops,

im using maya 7.0

michaelmccarthy
06-03-2006, 12:17 PM
no replies....sniff sniff

basically how to u make an object fall into the water and then rise to the surface and float?

hope thats clearer

MJM !

Ooze3d
06-03-2006, 05:43 PM
You can use RealFlow for that. It's very accurate when it comes to physics. You'll have to give the sugar cubes some weight so they first sink but if you keep density lower than the liquid you're using, they'll eventually float.

If you want to know more about RealFlow, go to www.realflow.com (http://www.realflow.com) and you'll find many tutorials on filling objects and making liquids interact with solids.

CGTalk Moderation
06-03-2006, 05:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.