PDA

View Full Version : Eisner has televised talks with Successor (Bob Iger)

RobertoOrtiz
05-30-2006, 01:32 PM
Quote:
"Michael and Bob, back together again.

In Thursday's installment of the CNBC talk show "Conversations With Michael Eisner," shot at Spago restaurant in Beverly Hills, the former Walt Disney Co. chief executive welcomed the man who replaced him last year as the leader of the Burbank entertainment giant: Bob Iger.

"Its kind of odd for me to interview my successor," Eisner, 64, said right off the bat. Then, he proceeded to do much of the talking — and a little chiding. First, Eisner made it clear that he thought the jury was still out on whether Iger's biggest move since taking the job — the acquisition of Pixar Animation Studios for $7.4 billion — would prove financially sound.

"Everybody thinks I had a strained relationship with Steve Jobs…. Quite the opposite," Eisner said of Pixar's former chief. "My issue with Steve Jobs was only about money.""

>>LINK<< (http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-eisner26may26,1,7403252.story?coll=la-mininav-business&ctrack=1&cset=true)

Lunatique
05-30-2006, 09:27 PM
"My issue with Steve Jobs was only about money.""

And that says a lot about who Eisner is as a person.

I firmly believe that in order to be both successful and respected, you have to consider issues other than money alone, or everything just becomes souless. Of course, businesses have to make money, but an animation studio is not a bank or a credit company--it's a place where creativity lives.

CGTalk Moderation
05-30-2006, 09:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.