PDA

View Full Version : Oban Star Racers US trailer online(MOD EDIT: MOLLY STAR RACER UPDATE!)

mr-doOo
05-30-2006, 11:32 AM
here is the new trailer (http://tv.disney.go.com/jetix/obanstarracers/videos/video1/index.html)

micster
05-31-2006, 08:54 AM
That's pretty cool. I'm glad that this is being released here in America, being that it's French and all. I remember first seeing a trailer for "Molly Star Racer" which I believe is where this came from about eight (8) years ago. Glad it got to see the light of day.

thethule
05-31-2006, 10:41 AM
Looks great, i can't wait to watch it. Any news on a UK release date?

That said, and i dont mean to be negative, it will never match up to the original trailer. The look, the music, the cut, it was and still is one of my favourite animation pieces. :thumbsup:

Congrats to the team on getting it finished and on air.

Marc

CupOWonton
05-31-2006, 01:41 PM
Oi, serious character identity problems with whoever decided to try and mix anime with standard disney tv styles. Its like someone sat down and started copying all the details they could from Evangelion and well, everything else they could get their hands on at blockbuster in the anime section I suppose.

I just realy hate the " its hip to be anime" movement thats been going on in the industry, it all looks way too copied from others works, theres a lack of attempts at actualy creating a character, instead they all seem to just rip appart someone elses and piece them together with some made up name, possibly by cutting other japanese characters names in half and piecing those together as well.

Animation wise, looks ok so far.

thethule
05-31-2006, 01:53 PM
Oi, serious character identity problems with whoever decided to try and mix anime with standard disney tv styles. Its like someone sat down and started copying all the details they could from Evangelion and well, everything else they could get their hands on at blockbuster in the anime section I suppose.

I just realy hate the " its hip to be anime" movement thats been going on in the industry, it all looks way too copied from others works, theres a lack of attempts at actualy creating a character, instead they all seem to just rip appart someone elses and piece them together with some made up name, possibly by cutting other japanese characters names in half and piecing those together as well.

Were you not hugged enough as a kid CupO? You always have negative things to say about everything. And yes, i know this is a discussion forum and you are entitled to your opinion, but geez, lighten up! You wanna hug? Come on, you just have to ask mate.....

Marc

dalmanna
05-31-2006, 02:01 PM
Were you not hugged enough as a kid CupO? You always have negative things to say about everything. And yes, i know this is a discussion forum and you are entitled to your opinion, but geez, lighten up! You wanna hug? Come on, you just have to ask mate.....

Marc

SOD HIM!!! i wanna hug :love:

kurtw
05-31-2006, 05:41 PM

Grr... Nerd Rage !!!

I remember seeing a trailer for this 5 or so years ago, it was neat then, I couldn't get the video to play but I'm glad to see it released here.

Yes it's true that everything has gone the anime route [especially for 2d, its cheaper production cost wise, to import a show, chop it up and redub it then create a new series from scratch], but to be fair, I found that most french animated tv series from the last two decades borrowed a bit from the anime style. Or had their entire production done in japan while being funded and directed by french producers. Series like Ulysses 31, and various french set period pieces done in the early 80's, which I haven't seen or heard of being aired in the US or Japan. Then again it could be the case where the french studio had the japanese studio do most of the design work rather then do their own at the time.

RobertoOrtiz
05-31-2006, 08:02 PM
I would say that the style of the show has not changed much...

Check out the ORIGINAL Molly Star Racer animation to see that the style has not changed much:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CchCrAxDZvk

-R

BigJay
05-31-2006, 09:00 PM
This trailer looks more like the original trailer than the japanese one I saw last year. They show more of the FX which has more of the style I was expecting. I'm sure I'll be catching them to see how well it all works

urgaffel
06-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Like someone said, the original idea for that series was shown 8 years ago so it's not really the current "it's hip to be anime" thing going there :p

I hope they release it on dvd (and that it's good enough to get)... Not very likely that I'll be able to catch it on tv :sad:

Loved the original short, completely awesome style and music and editing and everything else :D

RobertoOrtiz
06-02-2006, 08:21 PM
FYI (US) Oban Star Racers starts Jun5 5 @ 7:30 on Jetix...

-R

psyop63b
07-20-2006, 10:06 PM
Just now I heard that it should be airing the beginning of August. Anyone who gets Toon Disney through either Directv, Comcast, Time Warner (or whatever you have)... I urge you to check your local listings.

http://www.obanstarracers.com/

mr-doOo
07-20-2006, 10:37 PM
I just want to add, the real start of the series is the second episode, the first is an introduction and is not representative of the rest of the series
Regards

CGTalk Moderation
07-20-2006, 10:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.