PDA

View Full Version : Monster under the stairs

genny800
05-30-2006, 04:01 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm treading into the treacherous terrain that is Adobe Illustrator. I've seen quite a few really excellent illustrations done using and am trying my hand. I've gotten the first run through accomplished and now I'm seeking feedback. It wasn't as difficult as I thought, the pen tool is a little counter-intuitive, but all in all... Thanks to all in advance.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e297/genny800/monster_stairs.jpg

jammin
05-30-2006, 04:38 AM
hey, this is pretty cool -and very good for a first 'run through'

kids ( espec. the lighting effects them -nice!) and textures are very nice. the monster almost feels like an afterthought though (i know it wasn't -it just doesn't seem as detailed and thought out as the rest of the piece):

it might be more interesting if we could see some sort of silhouette of the monster (it doesn't even need to be very detailed)

i also wonder if the whole area under the stairs might be darker , in shadow; perhaps the thin diagonal shadow might fill and cover the whole area where the monster is?

the monsters fingers on his left hand might be thicker -they seem very thin as they wrap around the staircase. and the right hand could use some posing (right now it appears as if he might be covering his mouth when he coughed or something -just because you're a monster doesn't mean you can't have manners :) -)

well, that's my 2 cents -good illustrations in illustrator seem hard to do; you're off to a great start and i hope you keep cranking them out.

CGTalk Moderation
05-30-2006, 04:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.