PDA

View Full Version : Yes, another bouncing ball test.

Pin_pal
05-29-2006, 11:20 PM
So Iíve finally decided to start animating again after a long long (7 years) break. What better way to start with the basics again? Please rip this thing apart, I need it!

http://home.comcast.net/~415space/WIP/ballbounce.avi

Cheers,
Pin_pal

anthea
05-30-2006, 03:33 AM
your bouncing ball test is looking great. i really like the timing and it is coming across as a believable play/basket ball type weight. the only thing that stuck out to me is the amount of squash and stretch you used. since the distance the ball falls is relatively short then you probably don't need as much squash and stretch at all. with the timing you have chosen it seems like your ball isn't too bouncy therefore wouldn't need the exaggerated s&s you have, the way you have it now makes it look bean bag like on the contacts and like a completely different material otherwise.

looking good, just a very minor tweak!

Pin_pal
05-30-2006, 04:26 AM
Hi Anthea,

Thank you for the input. I've toned down the squash and strech a lot. I agree with you completely there, thank you. I'm still unhappy with the ball hitting that second wall, just can't seem to get it right. Think I need to keep tweaking the "impact" area curves...

cheers,
Pin_pal

CGTalk Moderation
05-30-2006, 04:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.