PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman 3 on-set photos!!

JohnSpin
05-29-2006, 01:21 PM
Topher Grace / Eddie Brock / Venom

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g165/powderman_22222/sp3cd6.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g165/powderman_22222/sp3cd7.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/QuickSiR/100_0523x.jpg

Spidey looks ticked off!!
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/8020/59/1600/tobeymaguire.1.jpg

mech7
05-29-2006, 01:26 PM
eddie brock is kinda small compared to the comics :scream:

poly-phobic
05-29-2006, 01:40 PM
topher as eddie... sheeesh.

PaulAdams
05-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Spider-man turns whiney Emo!

I never understood the casting of Eddie Brock, I'm not heavily into Spiderman, but wasnt he like a hugely built quarter back or something?

The inclusion of Brock confirms Venom though, right? Because I thought the enemy in 3 was Sandman.

redmonkey
05-29-2006, 01:54 PM
sandman is the villain....but they might go with 2 baddies or just kick off the storyline for a venom villain for spiderman 4.

as for Topher being Eddie Brock whos supposed to be huge, i dont know either. that could have been casted better i think. but i guess we will have to wait and see.

rblitz7
05-29-2006, 01:58 PM
More pics HERE (http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j149/littleal612/) and HERE (http://www.flickr.com/photos/74117148@N00/)

DorkmanScott
05-29-2006, 03:24 PM
Someone pointed out that by casting Topher Grace as Brock, Venom will be a more direct counterpart to Spiderman -- in a lot of ways he's the same character, just if he chose to use his powers for harmful instead of helpful purposes.

That being said, I'm concerned as to whether Topher has the acting chops to pull it off. Everything I've seen him in, he's playing the same character, and that character is not villain material.

santosLord
05-29-2006, 03:39 PM
Is it me or does spidey look he will be wearing the black spidey suit. I was looking at some spidey pics and never saw black around the colar area. Hmmmmm.. very interesting.

visionmaster2
05-29-2006, 03:40 PM
sorry, if i dont know nothing about spiderman/venom etc..but why the T Maguire suite is black ?

P_T
05-29-2006, 04:35 PM
sorry, if i dont know nothing about spiderman/venom etc..but why the T Maguire suite is black ?

Well in the comic, the black suit is actually an alien symbiote which he managed to get rid of and became Venom. It doesn't look like that though, no "webbing" in the comic black suit.

kemijo
05-29-2006, 05:34 PM
Is it me or does spidey look he will be wearing the black spidey suit. I was looking at some spidey pics and never saw black around the colar area. Hmmmmm.. very interesting.
You can see he's wearing the black spidey suit in the Spiderman 3 poster, released a couple months ago.

visionmaster2
05-29-2006, 05:38 PM
thank you P_T :thumbsup:

dalmanna
05-29-2006, 07:14 PM
bit crappy it doesn't have the white spider logo on it that was what made the suit.

eliseu gouveia
05-29-2006, 09:02 PM
Symbiote really put a dent in Petey´s skin colours, kid looks like a zombie.

CupOWonton
05-29-2006, 09:35 PM
Symbiote really put a dent in Petey´s skin colours, kid looks like a zombie.

Some of that isnt makeup.
There's a website out there of a photographer/CGer who does touchup on poster and ad work. One of the before and after pics is of Tobey. He's got lots of little pokk marks and stuff. Most of it probably showed up because of the lighthing and detail of the photo, things we dont usualy even see when we normaly look at people. But a lot of it was smoothed out in the comparason.

amfantasy
05-29-2006, 09:58 PM
When is spiderman 3 coming out

MisfitAnimator
05-29-2006, 10:13 PM
Right now all I'm seeing is 2007 (probably summer.)

Laa-Yosh
05-29-2006, 10:51 PM
You can see he's wearing the black spidey suit in the Spiderman 3 poster, released a couple months ago.

I still think that the poster you're talking about does not suggest a black costume - it's just graded to a dark blue color... we'll see.

visionmaster2
05-29-2006, 11:13 PM
there is a countdown here http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/index.phpand the teaser site with the black/blue spidey

ares623
05-30-2006, 01:19 AM
haha emo...

PhilOsirus
05-30-2006, 01:52 AM
It's obviously a black costume he is wearing in this picture, but it doesn't look anything at all like the Venom alien suit.

CupOWonton
05-30-2006, 02:32 AM
Its not supposed to be like the venom suit. You have to remember that this movie as well as the Xmen movies and other comic based movies are only supposed to follow the story a little. You cant realy present a Movie like you can a Comic, especialy when Spidy getting the simbiot suit would entail a completly seaperate movie involving that interplanetary war.

P_T
05-30-2006, 02:42 AM
You cant realy present a Movie like you can a Comic, especialy when Spidy getting the simbiot suit would entail a completly seaperate movie involving that interplanetary war.

They could always change it to an experiment gone wrong instead, that could be explained briefly.

Agent Vesago
05-30-2006, 04:29 AM
That is how they came up with the Ultimate Spider-Man version of Venom (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Venom).

paul.yan
05-30-2006, 08:38 AM
I haven't kept up with the hype, but is Venom confirmed? I heard somewhere there's a chance Topher Grace plays the clone Ben Reilly? Either way, looking forward to the flick!

dalmanna
05-30-2006, 09:41 AM
they could link it in the same way the fox cartoon did by having it come back from a space mission. spidey saves some guys from the shuttle crash and ends up with the black suit. i think it's JJ's son who's the astronaut which would make a cool story arc based on what MJ did to him in the last film.

agreenster
05-30-2006, 04:24 PM
topher as eddie... sheeesh.

I think I remember people saying this same thing when Tobey was cast as Peter Parker...

Casting directors get paid big bucks for a reason...

mech7
05-30-2006, 05:10 PM
Yeah I believe spidey got the alien shizzle from saving people in the space shuttle or something

Titan
05-30-2006, 05:58 PM
In response to the costume thing:
after watching several comic book adaption movies including the recent xmen 3, I think it is a good thing to make the costumes work/look good on camera even if it radically changes it....in the world of comics and hand drawn art you get the artists interpretation and what looks good in a book....so it makes sense to update the secret wars black costume for both form and function in live action.....

I am looking forward to this one, the spidey movies have been pretty awesome so far.

rblitz7
05-30-2006, 07:35 PM
In response to the costume thing:
after watching several comic book adaption movies including the recent xmen 3, I think it is a good thing to make the costumes work/look good on camera even if it radically changes it....in the world of comics and hand drawn art you get the artists interpretation and what looks good in a book....so it makes sense to update the secret wars black costume for both form and function in live action.....

I am looking forward to this one, the spidey movies have been pretty awesome so far.
well said:)

hellgatemedia
05-30-2006, 11:08 PM
Although I would have preferred a Black and white costume, more like the Venom of the comics, I'm O.K. with what they appear to be doing.
Furthermore, there was a What If comic, where there was no Secret Wars, which there cannot be in the Spider-Man movies, and in it the costume came back from when J Johna Jameson's kid came back from the moon. (JJ JAmeson's kid in the comics became a werewolf after going to the moon)
I think Topher is brilliant casting, because he looks close to Tobey and I know there's been rumours of Tobey wanting out.
If Tobey was to walk on them, they could do 3 more movies and have it star Venom instead of Spider-Man, and just replace Tobey with Topher.
Usually the folks who you never would expect to be a villain make for great villains, so don't count him out yet.

PhilOsirus
05-30-2006, 11:25 PM
The thing is the suit is supposed to be alive, it doesn't look alive at all. Maybe that will change with the special effects but it doesn't look like it thus far.

talos72
05-31-2006, 01:59 AM
I think the original comic book design of the black suit would have worked just fine, especially with dramatic lighting and the white spider emblem. I could picture Spidey in the black suit in a dark alley (maybe raining) while seeing hints of his head and body but the white spider on his suit just bright enough to create a menacing image.

noisewar
05-31-2006, 02:08 AM
Please keep Venom's sadistic brand of humor. Please.

slaughters
05-31-2006, 04:00 AM
The thing is the suit is supposed to be alive, it doesn't look alive at all. Maybe that will change with the special effects but it doesn't look like it thus far.And the spiderman costume in the first two films looks nothing like what a teenage high school kid could put together with a sewing machine while hiding out in his bedroom. :)

heavyness
05-31-2006, 04:30 AM
And the spiderman costume in the first two films looks nothing like what a teenage high school kid could put together with a sewing machine while hiding out in his bedroom. :)

are you kidding me! he's a super hero... he is THE SPIDERMAN. his needle point is far beyond anything a mortal can do.

and don't even start me on his cross stitch.

Boxsmiley
05-31-2006, 04:52 AM
hehe...that's funny!

CGTalk Moderation
05-31-2006, 04:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.