PDA

View Full Version : VFXWORLD : Preview of Disney's The Little Matchgirl:

RobertoOrtiz
05-29-2006, 12:46 PM
Quote:
"For its newest short, The Little Matchgirl, Disney turns again to the fabled Hans Christian Andersen. Bill Desowitz reports on the innovative and uncompromising results. "

http://www.vfxworld.com/?sa=adv&code=319b255d&atype=articles&id=2894

-R

JoshBowman
05-29-2006, 01:28 PM
I remember Hans Bacher showing some of his concepts for this from a while ago when he was at Disney. I don't know if I'm reading to much into it but the styles of these new concepts for the match girl look more than a little similar to what Hans did.

EDIT: Silly me, I should have read the article, it says Hans did work on it. I guess I'm just used to Disney ripping off other stuff.

fahr
05-30-2006, 02:50 AM
The Little Mermaid was the film that pretty much solidified my desire to become an animator. I was already dying to get the special edition version on Oct. 3rd anyway and the inclusion of this short makes it one of my "must-haves" of the year. Looks to be a truly amazing, uncomprimising film. Only makes the dismantling of Disney's 2d division that much more painful. :P

CGTalk Moderation
05-30-2006, 02:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.