PDA

View Full Version : Outline Issue

Hobs
05-29-2006, 12:10 PM
Hey guys and gal !

Suggestions needed ....... My first time texturing concept art with photoshop.

When I scan my drawings in and remove the unwanted white from the layer, I loose my nice firm black edges on my lines. I end up with bits of grey. When I add the colour layer underneath this really stands out !

Is there any way I can fix this ? I almost need to blend the grey into the colours underneath.

Suggestion greatly appreciated.

Here's the pic so far.....

Iridyse
05-29-2006, 01:06 PM
Hm, as far as I know, the best thing to do is to set your lineart layer to multiply mode. This way, you don't have to erase out the white, just create another layer underneath it and start painting :)

frostblade
05-29-2006, 01:37 PM
http://www.tascha.ch/?page_id=34
a tutorial about lifting lineart.

foreground and background colour for you should be b&w...etc.
except I just inverse (inverse gives you all the black value) the selection (not press delete) and bucket fill the new selection onto a new layer and get rid of the original art and lock transparent pixels... similar but about the same.

It's a bit more flexible than multiply incase you want other colours for outlines.

Hobs
05-30-2006, 09:38 AM
thanks guys really appreciate the advice it should really help my next batch of concept art

CGTalk Moderation
05-30-2006, 09:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.