PDA

View Full Version : my test rig, dolphin, crab, shark

Kashmir
05-28-2006, 09:04 PM
Hi, cgcommunity

I am preparing my demoreel about rigging on 3dsmax, and i like some suggestions.
the facialrig is based on osipa's book, and paul neale's attribute holder for store presets.
thanks
and also i wanna to share grayface for max :love:

rigtest
http://www.savefile.com/files/1930191

grayface video test (spanish audio)
http://www.savefile.com/files/5845774

grayface maxfile (basic facialrig)
http://www.savefile.com/files/6204067

Mr-Bullfrog
06-01-2006, 02:48 AM
Hey,

That's looking really great. I very much like the dolphin! Very impressive! Congrats!

-Jeremy

PEN
06-01-2006, 10:27 AM
Very nice work. I like the eyes on the crab. I worked on a character with eye like that years ago in Max 3 but it was an octopus for the movie return to never land. We couldn't get the toon shading working right and it got cut from the movie but it was alot of fun. I didn't have it set up that well though.

Great work.

underearth
06-02-2006, 10:46 AM
good work
one offtopic question..
you have beautiful screen name.. is it your real name...
or are you indian..

Ruramuq
06-02-2006, 06:34 PM
you have beautiful screen name.. is it your real name...
or are you indian..

I recognize you, not from Egypt nor from India. just Peru,and sure with other nick.

nice rigs. but those books.. sure are good influences, hope not too much..

that DVD4 about facial rigging from Mr Paul, gives me curiosity..

bushido_boy
06-06-2006, 11:26 PM
wow nice job ! :D

love all the setups ! out of interest how did you acieve the crab eye setup, how would something similar be done in maya ( i mean the way it pulls back into the head along the curve of the eye's tenticle).

Squash-n-Stretch
06-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Wow those books must be bloody amazing! What is their full title and where can I buy them???

PEN
06-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Wow those books must be bloody amazing! What is their full title and where can I buy them???

Which books??

whatauva
06-08-2006, 04:18 PM
hey man mr. neale & mr. osipa are the deadly combo of rigging i don't have the video tutorial of neale but i when to cg-academy to see his demos and it really amazing :applause:
and mix with amazing osipa's book..... think you can do everything in the world of rigging...
i am planning to buy it but i am gonna wait until i get to the U.S.

whatauva
06-08-2006, 04:21 PM
sorry :banghead:

PEN
06-09-2006, 12:54 AM
hey man mr. neale & mr. osipa are the deadly combo of rigging i don't have the video tutorial of neale but i when to cg-academy to see his demos and it really amazing :applause:
and mix with amazing osipa's book..... think you can do everything in the world of rigging...
i am planning to buy it but i am gonna wait until i get to the U.S.

I have to agree with you on Jasons book. It is one of the most comprehensive facial rigging books that I have seen for 3D. The first system that I cover in my forth DVD is based on the methods that Jason out lines in the book. I think that it is worth reading the book as well as doing my DVD as he cover much of animation principals that I don't touch on in the DVD's.

I hope that you enjoy both.

Squash-n-Stretch
06-10-2006, 02:50 PM
I recognize you, not from Egypt nor from India. just Peru,and sure with other nick.

nice rigs. but those books.. sure are good influences, hope not too much..

that DVD4 about facial rigging from Mr Paul, gives me curiosity..

This made me think that the rigs in this thread were made using tutorials in a book...am I right?

CGTalk Moderation
06-10-2006, 02:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.