PDA

View Full Version : need help with generi rig please!!!

petertan
05-28-2006, 12:48 PM
Hi everyone, really hope someone can help me with this. I'm currently doing a 10 sec club animation (dateline is in 2 days). I'm using the generi rig and pjhogan rig. No problems with the hogan rig but with the generi rig, i can't get the facial controls to work. Everything else is working fine. I've already animated the body so I'd hate to have to reimport a new rig and re-animate. I'm thinking a link is broken somewhere. Any ideas???

desperately seeking help,
-pete-

petertan
05-28-2006, 01:13 PM
well ok i've solved my problem by importing a new generi rig and copying all the animated channels from old to new. I'd still love to hear how you would go about doing it the proper way though.

relieved,
-pete-

petertan
05-28-2006, 02:07 PM
ok i feel like an absolute idiot 3 times over.

1) i never had a problem in the first place. The facial controls only work on the hi-res geo (and i think i knew that as well cos i've used this rig before). I was looking at the low res all the while.
2) I've wasted a thread.
3) I'm the only one replying to my own posts.

grrr.

-pete-

aaraaf
05-29-2006, 04:16 PM
Hey! This is the kind of thing we all do more often than we'll admit too!

I've actually had problems getting onto the forums the last few days, as have others I'm sure, so don't take it too personally! :)

petertan
05-29-2006, 11:01 PM
I've actually had problems getting onto the forums the last few days, as have others I'm sure, so don't take it too personally! :)

Heheh nah I was just kidding. I'm glad I found out myself rather than someone telling me. :D

CGTalk Moderation
05-29-2006, 11:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.