PDA

View Full Version : MayaUser On the Switch, Help! : where are these nice Windowfunctions in 5.0?

bjoern
05-28-2006, 05:29 AM
I'm actualy an Maya User. And now looking the second time to XSI.
One thing I find "very" nice in 4.2 that you can reduce a floating window to a small bar, by double click the LMB.
Much more handy was the posibillity than, to put these bar anywere on your screen and
by double clicking again! the Window pops up at the reduced position and Size.

So, isn't this funtion available in 5.0 ? :((

EternalArt
05-28-2006, 07:30 AM
it's still there in 5

ThE_JacO
05-28-2006, 09:09 AM
no it's not, in 5.x they decided to change that so that the reduce to bar state and the open state would reference the same position.
so you can still reduce to bar with doubleclicking, but you can't have it in one position when open and another when reduced.
if you don't like it, send a log to support, you wouldn't be the only one not liking this new behaviour.

bjoern
05-28-2006, 03:08 PM
realy bad:sad:, the new behaviour sucks!!

ThE_JacO
05-29-2006, 01:06 AM
realy bad:sad:, the new behaviour sucks!!

now lets not get carried away :)
the new behaviour is what every OS with ghosting does (the KDE name for reduce to bar), some people like it better, and in its favour it has that it makes losing sight of a PPG harder. For some people (me included) it took away a little comodity that we got used to.

as I said, if you think it's a life shattering design regression, submit to support :)

CGTalk Moderation
05-29-2006, 01:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.