PDA

View Full Version : interpolation control arms

BAM!
05-28-2006, 03:38 AM
ok... quick question, i can't find this damn thing and it's driving me nuts.

i am trying to adjust the keys, but i want to be able to control each interpolation arm individually, how do i do that. obviously linear isn't the one, and spline isn't it, Constant worked sometimes but some other time just turn is into direct horizontal and vertical line. is there a hot key that i can hold down to grab it?... i've tried shift, ctrl and alt, none of them work.

thanks

dwigfor
05-28-2006, 05:59 PM
Hmm. I thought you could select it and drag it around... Constant will keep a flat curve till the next keyframe. Spline would be what you want. If you can't drag the handles, you could always type numbers into the Lenth,Angle boxes at the top of the AnimEditor.

BAM!
05-28-2006, 08:02 PM
i can drag the arms, but what i really need is dra only one arm on a keyframe while the other arm stays still. you can do that with almost any 2d, 3d package, i am sure XSI must be able to, or can it?

dwigfor
05-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Oh, I gotcha.. I'm modelling right now, so I don't have any fcurves, but I think it's somewhere under AnimEditor/Keys. Something like unchecking uniformed slope, or something like that..

tuna
05-28-2006, 10:47 PM
Select the keys you want to change in the Fcurve Editor and do Keys > Unified Slope Orientation. Uncheck Unified Slope Length as well if you want that.

BAM!
06-02-2006, 05:11 AM
thanks tuna, that's exactly what i was looking for :)

CGTalk Moderation
06-02-2006, 05:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.