PDA

View Full Version : New Rig: Ninja v0.7 needs testing

MikeRhone
05-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Well, as the title suggests, I am in the process of rigging a ninja to release upon the animation world. I would appreciate help from the animation community in testing it before I finalize the rig. Iím mainly interested in opinions on workflow/ease of use (Like if you like the IK is set up, head aim etc...) I also want to know if/when it blows up when you do anything ;) I'll be sure to credit anyone who helps me in the final readme. Woo!

**Link taken down while I update the rig. Thanks for the help so far!!!**

This is an early test, so there are a bunch of things I am working on as I post this. Here is my current list of rig limits/known issues:

Rig needs to be scale-able
Toon rig is not complete on the legs
Switches will be added for extra control on squash/stretch
Add Smoothed/proxy versions
Neck needs a controller
Extra tweak controls needed on clothing
Foot Roll needs to roll correctly
Foot needs squash control
Belt not skinned
Spine squash/stretch to be added

**Credit to William "Proton" Vaugan for the original model and design.

stewartjones
05-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Nice work so far dude.

Just a couple of things (I'm filling this in as I have a play around with the rig so forgive me if it's not explained superbly!):

FK arm controls?
Eye / Head locks?
Eye Aim controller needs some attributes locked off (I know it's being picky, and not a big deal while it's still in dev!)

Other than that this is coming along as a superb rig man. Nice job! Sorry I couldn't pick out any huge problems. I haven't animated with him, just had a bit of a test, so I may have missed a couple of things. But from what I can see this thing is solid so far

Cheers

- Stu

MikeRhone
05-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Cheers for looking it over. As I am working with it I have found a few more things (Of course :p)

FK arms - There should be FK/IK switches just under the hand controls to turn that on.
head/eye lock -They are on the controls directly, thought the eye aim lock wasnt working right, so thats fixed now.
Locking off stuff - It's on my list :)

Thanks again for ripping into it a bit for me, I'll try and crank out an update soon. Its now the wee hours of the morning for me. I think I'm going to have nightmares about constraints tonight hehe.

stewartjones
05-27-2006, 10:17 PM
Hehe, yea I would get some sleep if I were you!

As for the FK/IK arms. I found the switch, but when switching over to FK no controllers showed up?!?!

CGTalk Moderation
05-27-2006, 10:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.