PDA

View Full Version : Infinium Announces Name Change, Stock Increase Plans

RobertoOrtiz
05-27-2006, 01:47 PM
Quote:
"Troubled former Infinium Phantom 'console' developer and current Lapboard accessory creator Infinium Labs has announced, via an SEC filing, that it plans to change the company name and double the amount of outstanding shares issued, and will vote on these changes at a stockholder meeting in July."

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=9492

-R

Layer01
05-27-2006, 04:03 PM
ah hahahahahahahahahahaAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAH *wheeze* ohHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA *pee's pants* hahahahhahahha! :cry::cry::banghead:

oh man...thats a good one.
i can't wait till they release it, at which point pigs will take off from the frozen depth of hell and circle mokingly in the vanilla sky.

i wonder if this company will be linked to the mafia as well lol.

However, the recent indictment (http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=9340) of former CEO of Seattle-based Infinium Labs Timothy Roberts for running a scheme to artificially inflate the company’s stock may have contributed to the company's wish to change the company's name from Infinium Lab, Inc. to Phantom Entertainment, Inc. According to the filing: "The Board of Directors believes that the name change would be in the best interests of the Company because the new name better reflects the long-term growth strategy of the Company."

i think i just exploded my humor gland....

CupOWonton
05-27-2006, 04:13 PM
Asside from a realy dumb keyboard, have they actualy made any proffit?

archerx
05-27-2006, 04:19 PM
their launch game will be duke nukem forever....

CupOWonton
05-28-2006, 05:20 AM
their launch game will be duke nukem forever....

I just dont get why they still exist. We all knew this guy was a scammer from the moment he appeared on the scene. And now theres already services that offer "today" or.. " yesterday" generation games or earlier over the net on a PC. Most of which you could run on a pretty cheap $500 econo PC. I of course speak of Game Amp.

Why not just name the company "Impending Lawsuit,Inc?"

Szos
05-28-2006, 05:35 PM
I just dont get why they still exist.

Seems to me that they are simply a Patent holding company (I believe the term is "Patent Squatters") - my guess is that in a year or 2 they will file a sleazy lawsuit on one of the big players in the gaming field and probably try to extort some money out of them. There was a Wired article on these type of companies recently - all they do is either buy up an old company with vague patents, or file their own vague patent, not create any actual products and simply wait till another rich company comes out with a technology vaguely similiar to their patent - then they pounce.

CupOWonton
05-28-2006, 05:41 PM
Seems to me that they are simply a Patent holding company (I believe the term is "Patent Squatters") - my guess is that in a year or 2 they will file a sleazy lawsuit on one of the big players in the gaming field and probably try to extort some money out of them. There was a Wired article on these type of companies recently - all they do is either buy up an old company with vague patents, or file their own vague patent, not create any actual products and simply wait till another rich company comes out with a technology vaguely similiar to their patent - then they pounce.

I thought they were renovating the way the copywriting service worked and reviwing a lot of these pattent squatters. Werent they planning on making this kind of crap illegal?

yog
05-28-2006, 06:36 PM
However, the recent indictment (http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=9340) of former CEO of Seattle-based Infinium Labs Timothy Roberts for running a scheme to artificially inflate the company’s stock may have contributed to the company's wish to change the company's name from Infinium Lab, Inc. to Phantom Entertainment, Inc. According to the filing: "The Board of Directors believes that the name change would be in the best interests of the Company because the new name better reflects the long-term growth strategy of the Company."OK, I know their game console was meant to be called "Phantom", but when you already have a credability problem because artificially inflating the companies stock, is it really wise to rename the whole company "Phantom" ?
The only better name you could come up with on purpose would be "Vapourware Ltd" :rolleyes:

mech7
05-28-2006, 06:52 PM
I was excited when i first heared about it.. looked and sounded very cool.. specially the keyboard was nice idea with a place to put you mouse under it so it could rest on your lap.. those stock holders must be pretty pissed though lol investing in something that will either never be made or never take off :p

CupOWonton
05-28-2006, 08:16 PM
I was excited when i first heared about it.. looked and sounded very cool.. specially the keyboard was nice idea with a place to put you mouse under it so it could rest on your lap.. those stock holders must be pretty pissed though lol investing in something that will either never be made or never take off :p
Those investors are idiots in the first place. We're the 'consumer' group he was aiming for, and even WE knew it was an absolute scam 3 years ago.

DevilHacker
05-29-2006, 01:31 AM
I cant wait to buy that keyboard in the stores. It looks real good.

CGTalk Moderation
05-29-2006, 01:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.