PDA

View Full Version : Demo Reel

MarvWiersch
05-27-2006, 07:11 AM
I was messing around and thought that I'd put a reel together for some friends. I work in an environment which calls for me to be able to do it all. If I'm needed to create concept art, animate, rig, map, model (anything from game to high-res) and or Art Direction, I have to be able to do it. that's why my reel covers so many different area's. All of the modeling and texture work is mine. The only animation that I did would be the bobble head characters. I have other work that displays porely so I left it as just flat work. Let me know what you think and if there is anything I could add or take out.

The beginning of the reel shows some dancers, sorry but they're Mo-capped. Then It goes on to some basic animal characters which were hand animated by Phillip Hall, our only real keyframe animator. The Bobble heads were modeled, textured, rigged and animated by me. The Munster characters were also all me. I'd like to add more to this but since I have to wait almost a year before showing my work publicly, I can't.... I'm trying right now to get some server space so I can upload a higher quality version...

Demo Reel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4CvwKIBDUY)

Images (http://webpages.charter.net/marv77/Artwork/)

VirgilioVasconcelos
05-27-2006, 03:07 PM
All of the modeling and texture work is mine. The only animation that is mine are the bobble head charaters.

Well... Since you didn't do the most animation in the reel, I would talk about what you did. =D

I really liked your modelling!

The purpose of this reel is for games or Film/broadcast? If it's for games, I think the textures are pretty good, but they (and the lights) need more tweaking if you plan it to Film/Broadcast.

And since of all that you have only animated the bobble head characters, I don't have very much to talk about. The spring-like animation was good.

I liked too the dancing in the beginning, after the train. Congrats to guy (or girl) who have animated it. =D

Good work!

MarvWiersch
05-31-2006, 04:14 AM
I added a link to some flat work if any one would like to see...I need to get a site up.:)

CGTalk Moderation
05-31-2006, 04:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.