PDA

View Full Version : Michigan J. Frog

VirgilioVasconcelos
05-26-2006, 02:19 AM
Hi, everyone! =D

This 11 second animation test is a work in progress for my graduation in Fine Arts. It will be in honor to Chuck Jones and all the cool fellas at Warner Animation Studios, and intends to be a trailer of the classic "One Froggy Evening".

Since it is my first attempt in character animation, I would really like to receive some critics and comments.

Everything is done in Blender.

http://www.dilid.com/TesteFroggy_05.avi (DivX, 2,8 MegaBytes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19IWmGbSRN8 (to watch online)

(The audio sync in YouTube is normally awful, so I recommend the avi)

Thanks! =D

VirgilioVasconcelos
05-27-2006, 01:52 PM
Weird... more then 100 people entered this thread, but no one have posted a reply. Is my animation too bad? Should I drop everything and start to sell cookies? =D

itayg
05-28-2006, 05:40 PM
hey VirgilioVasconcelos maybe we can open up a cookies shop together. i'm getting 300 views and no replies so i'll get more from the profits on cookie sells :beer:

anyway about the animation...:)

it looks great. very funny looking singing/dancing frog you got there. the fast moves and spins work great.
the thing that bugs me is the hat. at some points it looks like it doesn't have weight at all. i know its supposed to be light so i guess it need very small adjustments to get its weight back and not look heavy. or maybe its just a matter of timing on the hat's movements.

and another thing is about the eyes. since the mouth is always in smiling position so maybe you can use the eyes more. make them blink more or put them in a funny pose when his sings louder. just an idea.

anyway really funny. looking forward for the final version

itay

VirgilioVasconcelos
05-29-2006, 04:04 AM
Cookies wasn't a bad idea, was it? =D

Hey, thanks a lot for your comments! I think you're right... the hat needs a bit more tweaking... =D

About the eyes, my girlfriend told me the same thing... I'll work it out more. =D

Do you think the frog needs more exaggeration in his acting?

Thanks very much! You helped me a lot!

Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
05-29-2006, 04:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.