PDA

View Full Version : Disney/Pixar's Ratatouille Trailer!!!

bawhabmw
05-25-2006, 07:36 PM
Here's the latest work from Pixar! Sorry, but it's all in French for now.

http://www.cinoche.com/films/2382

|Benno

sstreaker
05-25-2006, 07:47 PM
Okay, now is it just me, or does it look like they just composited a CG rat over a live-action set? Awesome animation too, great use of squash and stretch. Jeez, give it up for the Pixar boys and girls! That was a great piece of eye candy.

sforsyth
05-25-2006, 07:48 PM
Is it just me who thinks it's strange it's out in French first?
Having said that, looks great! Best... rat... ever! Love the look of it.

Wilson-3d
05-25-2006, 07:51 PM
Man this looks like a good one to me. Great facail animation! And when when he is running and slidding around - really nice stuff.

Breinmeester
05-25-2006, 07:56 PM
Wow! Something's glowing inside me...

That looked beautiful! And the animation is more than superb! With my favourite animation director Brad Bird on this I can't wait for it to come out.

yolao
05-25-2006, 08:01 PM
i`m a big fan of Brad Bird and Pixar, and this movie looks absolutely wonderful....

ThomasMahler
05-25-2006, 08:03 PM
Wow, as I first heard of Ratatouille, I wasn't really happy - but this here looks great. Hope we'll see this trailer in english soon. Good stuff, Pixar!

flipnap
05-25-2006, 08:18 PM
man, SUPERB!!! reminds me of tom and jerry.. not the look, the pacing and the feel of that whole running sequence... and what about that big fat brown rat at then end of the clip, licking the (cheeze?).. awesome!!!

anakinbrego
05-25-2006, 08:22 PM
This is the same clip that was shown at the Disney's Stockholders Meeting back in April. I agree it's great stuff!
Here's may review from this clip back on April 10th.
The clip of RATATOUILLE starts out with a view of Paris and the Seine River, and goes to inside a gourmet resturant with a waiter talking about delicious food on a plattler, all you see is his hand, and then he waves over to the cheese, there's a rat in it. So everyone goes nuts in the restaurant all from the rats point of view, and the screen freeze frames, with a voice over of the rat talking about how he loves gourmet food, not the trash rats eat. Then it shows the rat talking and his father who's a voice in the background, who says how picky he is, then another rat come on screen, I think it was his brother, eating something rotten looking, black and moldy. The main character asks, "What is that you are eating?" the brother says, "I dunno, once you get passed the gag reflex you can eat anything!" Then the freeze frame image moves again and the rat runs away.
I think that's about right!

JohnSpin
05-25-2006, 08:32 PM
W......o.......w

Capel
05-25-2006, 10:43 PM
geez, that animation is pretty unbelievable. great work.

MooseDog
05-25-2006, 10:59 PM
even in french, the dialogue was hysterical! on par with the animation.

DanVL
05-25-2006, 11:00 PM
man, SUPERB!!! reminds me of tom and jerry.. not the look, the pacing and the feel of that whole running sequence... and what about that big fat brown rat at then end of the clip, licking the (cheeze?).. awesome!!!

The grey rat is asking the brown one what he is eatin, and he answers " ... ... I don't know[...] All you have to do to eat this is hold it in your stomach when you want to throw up, then it gets easier feeding yourself" because the gray rat wants to eat quality food but finds it's dangerous. The brown one suggests eating... trash.

Looks pretty good indeed!

ThirdEye
05-25-2006, 11:07 PM
****ing hell, always the best

ReBootedOne
05-25-2006, 11:50 PM
*squeals*
I heart Brad Bird.......

-eric

My Fault
05-25-2006, 11:58 PM
Squeeeee!

That was the sound my 3 rats made when I showed them this trailer. 3 tails up!

CelticArtist
05-26-2006, 02:42 AM
dangit, they removed the trailer

Shade01
05-26-2006, 02:45 AM
dammit, I knew they would have to remove the trailer and I was trying to see it before the hammer came down :sad:

Freese
05-26-2006, 02:47 AM
Anywhere else to watch this?

RockinAkin
05-26-2006, 03:05 AM
Crap, missed it before it was taken down - I suppose this'll be shown before Cars?

jigsawe
05-26-2006, 03:34 AM
************! i wanna see it!

ThomasMahler
05-26-2006, 07:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyqRh3caaLI

Someone copied it over to YouTube.

jigsawe
05-26-2006, 07:47 AM
thanks Thomas! that looks great~

looks more like a dreamworks production than a pixar

Creamdog
05-26-2006, 07:59 AM
Unlike the first time I saw the trailer for cars, wich had to grow on me, I'm instantly sold on this one. Looks really promising, can't wait to see this!

GoranNF
05-26-2006, 08:15 AM
Awesome trailer,thanx Thomas.

Per-Anders
05-26-2006, 08:21 AM
It looks amazing, I can't wait. The ammount they managed to get into just a hand, astonishing.

dalmanna
05-26-2006, 08:39 AM
i think thats possibly the best animation i've ever seen....well at least its up there with tarzans movement. anyway totally awesome thanks for posting:thumbsup:

Breinmeester
05-26-2006, 08:40 AM
I saved it to my harddisk to frame-for-frame it. If I need to share, just let me know...

That animation is just....wow!!

thematt
05-26-2006, 09:05 AM
Breinmeester, hehe :) that would be great if you could post it somewhere so i got it in good quality, the one one youtube is not really nice (in term of quality) better than nothing i guess.You can PM me if you it's possible thanks.

animation is really awsome that's for sure, but what would you expct from them.(it's true that it does look more like a dreamworks from that, though)

cheers

ThomasMahler
05-26-2006, 09:09 AM
I don't know about the Dreamworks thing - animation-wise, it's definitely the best CG Character animation I've seen so far. It looks so fluid and squash 'n stretchy, it's just fun to watch. And it has this certain charme that Pixar is so good at. Doesn't look non-Pixarish to me.

Breinmeester: I'd love to have the high-res quicktime version as well. PM! :)

IestynRoberts
05-26-2006, 09:26 AM
Woah!! How awsome was that? The anim on that guy was awsome! That's really made my day now.

Breinmeester
05-26-2006, 09:37 AM
Let's see, I've uploaded it to Yousendit.com and Rapidshare.de:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=EC62193421CE0992
(click 'Download now')

http://rapidshare.de/files/21411076/ratatouille_teaser.mov.html (http://rapidshare.de/files/21411076/ratatouille_teaser.mov.html)
(click 'Free' then wait untill the counter gets to zero)

:D

skellybobbly
05-26-2006, 09:44 AM
thanks for that Breinmeester.

now for some frame by frame goodness! :)

dalmanna
05-26-2006, 09:57 AM
reminded me of the scene where Sebastian the crab ends up in chefs kitchen in the little mermaid

thethule
05-26-2006, 11:18 AM
Wow!! Wonderful animation. And a great story too....

VirgilioVasconcelos
05-26-2006, 11:47 AM
Well... thanks Breinmeester for uploading it, since I cannot watch it anymore in the first link.

AND THANKS TO BRAD BIRD AND PIXAR CREW!!! =D

Wow... that´s huge! Icredible animation... Great work!!

tarun_don
05-26-2006, 11:54 AM
VOOhoaa!! Beautiful!! I've had mixed feelings about recent 3d features..but this and "Flushed away" seems to hold good promise for an entertaining ride..

:wise:
Something wrong with the hand? Seems like his fingers are cutting in when he closes them..and hand animation looks a little off to me..
:wise:

GoranNF
05-26-2006, 12:10 PM
Let's see, I've uploaded it to Yousendit.com and Rapidshare.de:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=EC62193421CE0992
(click 'Download now')

http://rapidshare.de/files/21411076/ratatouille_teaser.mov.html (http://rapidshare.de/files/21411076/ratatouille_teaser.mov.html)
(click 'Free' then wait untill the counter gets to zero)

:D
Wow,thanx alot breinmeester.Did you rip it off from youtube?If you did,how did you improve the quality?

Breinmeester
05-26-2006, 12:14 PM
I was amazed by the controls on those hands. The way the flesh squashes when he presses fingers together and the way the shape gets more cornered edges when he firms his grip. Off course it would have to be as it will be a huge hand on the big screen, but...damn!!

That rat must be very a thrill to animate. Nice shapes for fun poses. I love the subleties on that wiggling nose.

Harrad
05-26-2006, 12:26 PM
cheers Breinmeester for grabbing that!

Hehe.. Looks really fun!

Should be amazing with brad bird behind the wheel (oh wait, that would be a cars pun.. i should say 'with brad bird as the head cheese! ... sorry)

Looking forward to seeing cars... its made even better now, if they are going to show the english version before.

There should be some amazing animation, as it looks like they've gone for a simple character with an amazing rig that can more or less get in to any shape/pose that the animator wants!

Nicodemus
05-26-2006, 12:31 PM
Breinmeester,

Thanks for posting that.......as for the trailer.

DAAAYUUMMMMMM!! That looks great. I cannot wait to see that one. Hooray Pixar.

Leslie

gingamonkey
05-26-2006, 12:37 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Lovely characters, gorgeous animation. Rendering and lighting give it a different feel to any CG film I've seen so far - even previous Pixar stuff. Looks way more 'organic'!

Stunning work - they have my £6.70 cinema ticket reserved.....and the dvd purchase to follow! :thumbsup:

Runecaster
05-26-2006, 12:39 PM
They took it down :(

visionmaster2
05-26-2006, 12:44 PM
amazing trailer !

:eek:

ThomasMahler
05-26-2006, 01:03 PM
If you did,how did you improve the quality?

Xdugef, 2.0.

BRUTICUS
05-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Would this be the trailer that was shown at the Disney shareholders meeting a few months ago? I noticed Jan Pinkava's name listed as the director.

I guess it's just animation from when Jan was directing. Looks like a lot of fun!

Velk
05-26-2006, 01:51 PM
Whee, Pixar's not dead yet!
I can't wait for this to come out. The animation is wonderful and the story looks fun.
If Cars bombs (still not sold on it) I'll have this to look forward to.

harmonic01
05-26-2006, 01:55 PM
Breinmeester (http://member.php?u=33231), thanks so much for the links. :D God I can't wait to see it, downloading now. 11 minutes, aaahggrrrr, that's too long. Faster, faster faster. :bounce:

yolao
05-26-2006, 02:02 PM
The grey rat is asking the brown one what he is eatin, and he answers " ... ... I don't know[...] All you have to do to eat this is hold it in your stomach when you want to throw up, then it gets easier feeding yourself" because the gray rat wants to eat quality food but finds it's dangerous. The brown one suggests eating... trash.

Looks pretty good indeed!

hey...please Dan can you or someone translate more...i want to know what they saying?...

thanks

Dennik
05-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Pixar makes a bugs life, dreamworks makes antz, pixar makes finding nemo, deamworks makes sharktale, pixar makes ratatouille, dreamworks makes flushed away. This is getting ridiculous... At least dreamworks skipped the car theme.

BTW i love the look of the film, the theme, and the characters. Looking forward to it!

harmonic01
05-26-2006, 02:18 PM
Eh:shrug:, cartoons about rats, ants and fish has been done way before Flushed Away and this. This really isn't a new setting, but a new story and how it's been told and I pesronaly don't mind.

Just saw the trailer, ooooooh I loose ability to speak I'm liked it so much. I liked it before I even saw it, You hate it compared to how much I liked. :bounce:

AdamHerbert
05-26-2006, 02:33 PM
Am I the only one having problems getting these to work?

CelticArtist
05-26-2006, 03:46 PM
Pixar makes a bugs life, dreamworks makes antz, pixar makes finding nemo, deamworks makes sharktale, pixar makes ratatouille, dreamworks makes flushed away. This is getting ridiculous... At least dreamworks skipped the car theme.

BTW i love the look of the film, the theme, and the characters. Looking forward to it!

I will say that in Dreamworks defense, Flushed Away is an Aardman movie, Dreamworks is producing it, not making it.

Shaderhacker
05-26-2006, 04:13 PM
I don't know about the Dreamworks thing - animation-wise, it's definitely the best CG Character animation I've seen so far. It looks so fluid and squash 'n stretchy, it's just fun to watch.

It's a great trailer!:thumbsup:

But to call it the best CG Character animation? Nah. It can't beat (IMO) Bowler Hat Guy in Meet the Robinsons.. :applause:

-M

GoranNF
05-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Xdugef, 2.0.
I've googled for it,but I couldn't find it's homepage.Could you please post the link?

Dennik
05-26-2006, 04:23 PM
Xdugef, 2.0.

When did version 2 come out?!?! Wow, i'm missing episodes here. :)

thematt
05-26-2006, 04:33 PM
I've googled for it,but I couldn't find it's homepage.Could you please post the link?

LOL

When did version 2 come out?!?! Wow, i'm missing episodes here.

double LOL :)

Fred Heys
05-26-2006, 04:35 PM
Okay, now is it just me, or does it look like they just composited a CG rat over a live-action set? Awesome animation too, great use of squash and stretch. Jeez, give it up for the Pixar boys and girls! That was a great piece of eye candy.

its just you....

Rick May
05-26-2006, 04:38 PM
I will say that in Dreamworks defense, Flushed Away is an Aardman movie, Dreamworks is producing it, not making it.

Flushed Away is being made at DreamWorks in LA.

harmonic01
05-26-2006, 07:39 PM
My wife, who is fluent in French, just said this:

"Haha, my fav. lines from the mouse: "But I just LOVE GOOD FOOD!... And it is just too easy to find good food in Paris...except...when you're me..." And then the ending announcement: lunch/dinner is served, summer 2007. Hehehe"

So there's a little bit of translation for now. :)

kevinw
05-27-2006, 04:15 AM
hey...please Dan can you or someone translate more...i want to know what they saying?...

thanks

Here it is.. as posted on aintitcool.com

[Beginning]

And tonight before dessert, for your enjoyment, we introduce the cheese plate. We have this delicious goat cheese bell, real lite, real sweet. Then, an ewe that will satisfy you with its generous perfume. But, last but not least, a real old and real special...

It's a rat!

[freeze]

- And there I am. I think I have to reconsider my life. There's nothing I can do, it's over my strength, I love good food, ok? And good food is very hard to find for a rat.

- You would find I you weren't so requiring.

- I don't want to eat in dustbins, dad... What's that?

- I have no idea.

- You have no idea, but you eat it anyway, don't you?

- You know, if you can close the exit after you throw up, you have a whole lot of possibilities for food.

- Voilà! That's exactly what I meant.

(Over the movie title) Nothing of this would have happened I we did not live in Paris! And it's sooo easy to find good food in Paris! But... it's dangerous. [un-freeze].

- You have to reconsider you life!

- You know, he is right!

- Dad, it's enough!

[End]

The title says : Diner will be served... summer 2007

tuna
05-27-2006, 04:29 AM
I dunno. I quite like seeing trailers in foreign languages. They give you a taster of what the movie is like, but doesn't spoil the entire plot like most trailers seem to do these days.

yolao
05-27-2006, 11:05 PM
Here it is.. as posted on aintitcool.com

thanks a lot for point that out.

CelticArtist
05-28-2006, 01:34 AM
Flushed Away is being made at DreamWorks in LA.

While i'm not going to disagree, do you have proof of that? I heard it's a collaboration, with Aardman doing most of the animation and Dreamworks just picking up a few things and releasing it. If i'm wrong though, sorry to take credit away from Dreamworks guys, no offense intended.

ngrava
05-28-2006, 06:57 AM
I saw a Flushed Away sneek peek, I think this is it (haven't had a chance to look at it yet) :
http://www.animationmagazine.net/wac/fun_bag.html

Peddy
05-28-2006, 09:54 AM
ill be deathly honest here. The trailer didnt really impress me much, at least not by the standard of the first page of replies. :shrug:

mech7
05-28-2006, 10:23 AM
:shrug:I only see some french page and no movie.. i tried clicking all the damn links

dalmanna
05-28-2006, 01:35 PM
ill be deathly honest here. The trailer didnt really impress me much, at least not by the standard of the first page of replies. :shrug:

i think we're just gushing at how good the animation is.... least i was :drool:

eek
05-28-2006, 03:12 PM
While i'm not going to disagree, do you have proof of that? I heard it's a collaboration, with Aardman doing most of the animation and Dreamworks just picking up a few things and releasing it. If i'm wrong though, sorry to take credit away from Dreamworks guys, no offense intended.

Flushed is being produced at Dreamworks, working with serveral Aardman animation supervisors, nick park, spoxton,peter lord, etc. The animation is being done at dw in collaberation with Aardman. Theres a whole story on how they acheived the look and feel or aardmans style and animation.

bblackbourn
05-28-2006, 06:22 PM
Flushed is being produced at Dreamworks, working with serveral Aardman animation supervisors, nick park, spoxton,peter lord, etc. The animation is being done at dw in collaberation with Aardman. Theres a whole story on how they acheived the look and feel or aardmans style and animation.

Re Flushed Away - as there's been much confusion on this issue to date:
One of the directors, Sam Fell, is from Aardman. The other director, Dave Bowers, has been part of Dreamworks/Amblin since Roger Rabbit, but he has worked on Aardman productions for DW. The Head of Animation & at least one of the lead animators are also from Aardman. Pete Lord & Dave Sproxton (founders of Aardman) are both producers on Flushed Away. All production from storyboard through to final render are being done at DW.

Re Ratatouille
Looks like fun!

Keep making entertaining CG movies everyone - it's good for us all!

P_T
05-28-2006, 07:14 PM
Love that Paris at dusk painting with the music, really set a great mood. That plus the freeze pose of the main character and when the fat rat sat down. This looks more interesting than Cars to me.

Keep making entertaining CG movies everyone - it's good for us all!

One of these days, some studio's going to make a CG movie similar to those game cinematics in terms of visual style and design and it's gonna start a new bandwagon. C'mon Pixar, even Disney made something different once in a while, something with deeper story like Hunchback of Notre Dame and Anastasia.

SkinnyBoy
05-28-2006, 09:45 PM
Wonder if John Ratzenberger will make cameo appearance in this movie with his vocal talents?

JDex
05-28-2006, 09:51 PM
Anyone have a direct link?

Solario
05-28-2006, 10:03 PM
even Disney made something different once in a while, something with deeper story like Hunchback of Notre Dame and Anastasia.

Anastasia was not Disney it was done by FOX.

JDex
05-28-2006, 11:35 PM
Heheh... great trailer. Releasing the trailer in french first is a stroke of genius... it sets the tone for the whole premise. :thumbsup:

P_T
05-29-2006, 02:59 AM
Anastasia was not Disney it was done by FOX.

My bad, they all look the same with the singin and stuff, but yeah, I'd like to see Pixar making something different.

nVee
06-01-2006, 05:14 PM
How do i download? Is it only me who's not speaking french?

simps
06-02-2006, 12:49 PM
My bad, they all look the same with the singin and stuff, but yeah, I'd like to see Pixar making something different.

Every movie Pixar makes is something different.

P_T
06-02-2006, 02:52 PM
Every movie Pixar makes is something different.

Don't take my previous post too literally my friend, read my post prior to the last one and try to think of other things that I might be trying to imply. :)

TimAnderson
06-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Merci beaucoup, Breinmeester!

Factotum
06-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Ah, the pantheon of classic themes addressed in Pixar movies are far from complete just yet. Each new release surprises me on how relevant the issues are, even though the general public percieves any animation as just for kids entertainment. Thank you Pixar for up-ing the standards more than rendering capabilities.

Ratatouille seems to be about social class, and whether or not one can ascend the status they were born with.

I agree with the others that said they were immediately sold to the story, unlike Car's Doc Hollywood premise/visual style. I'd even love to see Ratatouille in subtitles.

Substance and style aside, You gotta dig that character animation!

:buttrock:

veljko-lemonade
06-04-2006, 11:27 AM
im likeing what im seeing:)! it was a nussence to get the trailer since i did a rookie mistake by checking for the links from the first page of the thread- took me 4 pages to find a working download:)
the animation is fantastic and the vizuals are in the usuall cool pixar style, which i have noticed people started to emulate since the inceridbles came out
im looking forward to this one!From the trailer this seems more pixar then "cars" imho
:)

BRUTICUS
06-04-2006, 01:00 PM
i'm sure i'll love this movie as much as I have any other pixar feat. However, I really want to see them do a movie about aliens or something that allows for more inventive design in characters. Similar to what Monsters inc. did but taking place in an alien galaxy. I think in a setting like this Pixar could transcend everything they have already done. A setting with unlimited creative freedom.

HellBoy
06-04-2006, 01:13 PM
although I didn't understand a thing, I really loved it :buttrock:

xsitar
06-05-2006, 03:02 AM
it's cool. i like it's not cars or too american... it's good for a change.

i'm just not sure if the cg is that amazing. the shading/ lighting/ fur seems not as sophisticated as in monsters or incredibles. but maybe thats just a early trailer.

it seems like this might be the best pixar movie so far...

oh by the way, i hope that's not the final movie title font/ logo at the end. it's so ugly. i wish they'd hire better illustrators/ designers for movie logo/ title's...

yeyeman9
06-05-2006, 03:50 AM
Hmm am I missing something? How can I see the trailer? Link just takes me to a page with information from the movie...nothing else...

steveblake
06-05-2006, 08:09 AM
Hmm am I missing something? How can I see the trailer? Link just takes me to a page with information from the movie...nothing else...read back a couple of pages (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=3581663#post3581663)..

yeyeman9
06-05-2006, 08:49 PM
read back a couple of pages (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=3581663#post3581663)..

Thanks and sorry :P.

Stefan-Morrell
06-09-2006, 06:32 AM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/ratatouille/

hey guys,new trailers are up at apple for Ratatouille.

kmest
06-09-2006, 07:23 AM
thats aaaaaaaaawesome.......
the animates are perfect...much better than naything they've ever done...it completely looks like old tom and jerry 2D cartoones...the streches in movements .....how:) they do that???
thats way we say PIixar is the best

Breinmeester
06-09-2006, 08:56 AM
Have you seen the Tom&Jerrys lately? This goes far beyond their generic shapes and six frame runcycles. This is pure frame for frame art!

I had the feeling the voice of the waiter at the beginning was Brad Bird's. Any guesses at the cast?

Stefan-Morrell
06-09-2006, 09:08 AM
Any guesses at the cast?

http://upcomingpixar.blogspot.com/2006/05/sparrow-is-ratatouillerumour-or.html

I'm thinking that list isn't for real as the main character sounds nothing like Depp in the trailer.

I agree about the waiter though..he sounded similar to Edna from Incredibles..who was voiced by Brad Bird

steveblake
06-09-2006, 09:28 AM
I agree about the waiter though..he sounded similar to Edna from Incredibles..who was voiced by Brad BirdI'll eat my hat if it's not!

gingamonkey
06-09-2006, 12:51 PM
Gorgeous! All in glorious HD beauty! :scream:

But am I the only one that thinks it kinda looses something with the American voices ?

I preferred the French language version personally. Still lovely stuff though. ;)

sforsyth
06-09-2006, 01:16 PM
But am I the only one that thinks it kinda looses something with the American voices ?

I preferred the French language version personally. Still lovely stuff though. ;)

Totally agree with you! In fact, I think I'd almost rather watch this with subtitles than go with the choice of English speaking voice talent (were it not for missing out on the visuals because of reading the titles). The French version seems that bit more fluent for some reason. I don't think I've ever said this before, but the French voice talent seem so much better than their American counterparts.

JohnSpin
06-09-2006, 01:17 PM
Actually, Ratatouille kinda sounds like Paul Giamatti.

And yeah, the waiter sounds like "Edna Moooode" Aka Mr. Bird.

Pixarman
06-09-2006, 01:24 PM
That voice has gotta be Patton Oswalt. I love that guy, he's very funny. Looks like another winner from Pixar to me.

Nicodemus
06-09-2006, 01:30 PM
Totally agree with you! In fact, I think I'd almost rather watch this with subtitles than go with the choice of English speaking voice talent (were it not for missing out on the visuals because of reading the titles). The French version seems that bit more fluent for some reason. I don't think I've ever said this before, but the French voice talent seem so much better than their American counterparts.

You know I had kind of the same reaction. I was almost hoping the english VO's would have a french accent. I was waiting for the father to be voiced by Jean Reno.

I think that would add alot to it. If not that then they need to add something that explains why we have rats with America accents in France.

Leslie

Dennik
06-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Does anyone know if this is going to play in front of Cars today?

GoranNF
06-09-2006, 01:40 PM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/ratatouille/

hey guys,new trailers are up at apple for Ratatouille.

Thanx!

I liked the French version better too.

IanBlackford
06-09-2006, 02:06 PM
hi all

Please see below for direct links to the QuickTime Trailer...
[right click and 'save as...' for your repeated viewing pleasure :)]

Hi-Res (http://images.apple.com/movies/disney/ratatouille/ratatouille-tsr1_h640w.mov) (12.5Mb)
HD 480P (http://images.apple.com/movies/disney/ratatouille/ratatouille-tsr1_h480p.mov) (32.7Mb)
HD 720P (http://images.apple.com/movies/disney/ratatouille/ratatouille-tsr1_h720p.mov) (84.7Mb)
HD 1080P (http://images.apple.com/movies/disney/ratatouille/ratatouille-tsr1_h1080p.mov) (123Mb)

Hope they are of some use to you.

Regards

P_T
06-09-2006, 02:53 PM
oooh I didn't noticed it in the french trailer but I LOOOOOVE the animation of that fat rat taking a big lick on his "food". That was great!! I wonder who did it.

SkullboX
06-09-2006, 02:57 PM
The animation looked very good, but not my style at all. Still this is Pixar, and they've turned everything they've touched to gold so far, so I guess that makes me excited!

By the way, anyone else think the voice of the waiter sounded a little Etna Mode-ish, especially at the 'surprising bite' part? :)

eric3dee
06-09-2006, 03:17 PM
That voice has gotta be Patton Oswalt. I love that guy, he's very funny. Looks like another winner from Pixar to me.
Ya- gotta be Patton Oswalt. I kept thinkin Spence of King of Queens (same guy). He's gotta great voice for a toon I think.

Enayla
06-09-2006, 03:18 PM
I've been a bit so-so about Cars (mainly because I'm not into cars, I never liked cars, I don't drive and I fall asleep when people talk about driving... though the flick looks like fun, I have a feeling a lot of it will just not appeal to me), but this one looks absolutely wonderful. I love the smooth, beautiful feel of the movement and the facial expressions of the characters... just completely blew me away. Character design seems wonderful.

As a side note – these animations were made with the American voice actors in mind, right? I have a habit of always watching movies in the language they were originally intended, and I don't want to make a mistake here (in other words, I want to see Spirited Away in original language with subtitles, not dubbed in some other language, same goes for any movie). Since it's American, I assume the American version is right, but it's just so weird it was released in French first.

jewalker
06-09-2006, 04:00 PM
Yes, this will be attached to the front of Cars, along with One Man Band.

ThomasMahler
06-09-2006, 07:14 PM
It wasn't released french first, the french version just got leaked.

You know I had kind of the same reaction. I was almost hoping the english VO's would have a french accent. I was waiting for the father to be voiced by Jean Reno.

Hell, yes! That would've been great.

About the trailer: This is BY FAR the best thing Pixar's done up to now - at least technically. It just looks wonderful, sooo smooth and fluid, great.

Per-Anders
06-09-2006, 08:13 PM
I agree about the accent thing, I was really hoping the accents would be french, I think it seemed more melodramatic and the little guy seemed more impassioned about his precious food in the french version, which just made it even more hilarious, in the american version he seems more whiney. But perhaps that's just me, either way it just looks awesome and I can't wait.

SilverCity
06-09-2006, 10:35 PM
Why is it that the waiter has a French accent but the mouse has an American accent? Are these supposed to be rats raised in America and brought over to France?

I prefer the French version, for sure. Maybe we'll have to wait for the DVD with subtitles.

animalunae
06-09-2006, 11:46 PM
I've been a bit so-so about Cars (mainly because I'm not into cars, I never liked cars, I don't drive and I fall asleep when people talk about driving... though the flick looks like fun, I have a feeling a lot of it will just not appeal to me), but this one looks absolutely wonderful. I love the smooth, beautiful feel of the movement and the facial expressions of the characters... just completely blew me away. Character design seems wonderful.

As a side note – these animations were made with the American voice actors in mind, right? I have a habit of always watching movies in the language they were originally intended, and I don't want to make a mistake here (in other words, I want to see Spirited Away in original language with subtitles, not dubbed in some other language, same goes for any movie). Since it's American, I assume the American version is right, but it's just so weird it was released in French first.

I've gotten the same feeling, the first trailer I saw was a bunch of Nascar race shots, which interest me about as much as taking left turns around the block all day. But the last trailer made me change my mind about disliking it. Especially since they redid most of the shots for the new trailers, new animations and shots mostly, and it looks like Pixar has done it again...

The trailer came to my workstation about a week ago and since I'm working in Brussels, it was playing all day on most of the workstations. After doing some research, I found a hell of a lot of sources that hosted the file, before it was taken down. This obviously is a leaked version from a french screening of the trailer and although the title might suggest an all french movie (which would be kinda bold for an American company, and it would definitely work ^^) it is without a doubt just dubbed, in the dialog you can clearly see the little rat pronounce the english translation of what the bugger says in french, if any of you want a translation, I'd be more then willing to help those who can't lip read ^^

This said, this trailer is getting me excited, this will definitely be one of my favourite Pixars and it just had to be the first without Disney... although I don't know what the hell is going on between those two... when they first started fighting, I figured they should get married... and neh, they did :P

Right, stuff like that makes you remember there's plenty more good cg films to come... aaaah what bliss

*Edit* why do I always continue reading other posts after I've replied ^^ Let's watch the english trailer now :P It could be that the leak of the french dub caused the release of the english trailer... I might be just paranoid though, gotta run now

*Edit 7* Now I understand even less, Pixar/Disney? Ach well... oh Happy Birthday Johnny...

sforsyth
06-10-2006, 09:05 AM
I agree about the accent thing, I was really hoping the accents would be french, I think it seemed more melodramatic and the little guy seemed more impassioned about his precious food in the french version, which just made it even more hilarious, in the american version he seems more whiney.

Yep, you hit the nail on the head there. Maybe it's because French people genuinely ARE more passionate about their food! Pity they don't all have French accents though, it would add so much to this. It would make the setting that bit more believable. Better still would be to use French actors speaking English. No problems with fake accents then, and you'd still get the passion. :p

ekah
06-10-2006, 10:37 PM
I make pretty good ratatouille (the food). ;)

The trailer looks great. I can't wait to see the film. That's a whole year before we get to see it. :( I've yet to see Cars. I know, it's not very nice of me, but I just don't have the desire to see it... yet. I missed the French version of the trailer, now it's no where to be found. The French iMusic store links to the trailer, but it's the English version. The voice doesn't sound like Johnny Depp to me. It almost sounds like Nathan Lane, but then again, I don't know.

It's funny that they named the rat character "Ratatouille". It kind of works in English, but in French, it doesn't have anything to do with rats as far as I know. :)

CGTalk Moderation
06-10-2006, 10:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.