PDA

View Full Version : Free Tutorials

morourke
05-25-2006, 04:58 PM
I am making all the tutorials on my Maya tutorials website available for free. Please take a look and feel free to use them.

There are over 60 command-by-command tutorials in the Motion Dynamics tutorial set. The tutorials are designed as a complete course of study, with the idea that if you know nothing about motion dynamics and start at the first tutorial and work your way through, you will go from knowing nothing about dynamics to being quite good at it by the end. Or, of course, you can just pick and choose and use whichever tutorials you find useful.

While you're at it, you might want to take a look at some of the animation clips on the site for examples of work done by my students who have used these tutorials.

The site is http://3dtutorials.michaelorourke.com. Instructions for the free login are on the home page.

(By the way, there are also tutorials on the same site for character animation and a general intro to Maya. There are over 160 tutorials in all. All of them are available for free.)

Enjoy!
(P.S. Feedback is welcome.)

micgaz
05-25-2006, 11:58 PM
hi mate,

It is a kind thing you have done, and I would love to be able to learn from you.

I can't see any instructions for logging in though, so havent been able to see the tuts yet...

mic

Atwooki
05-26-2006, 01:17 AM
Very kind of you Michael, thanks :)

Chris B

baran
05-26-2006, 03:07 AM
Hi...

I am not able to login... I used the same login and passwd, but I got a reply that "incorrect username & passwd"

help me regarding this...

regards,
-Baran.

BigSky
05-26-2006, 12:11 PM
Brilliantly thorough and utterly generous. Thanks. :thumbsup:

morourke
05-26-2006, 02:24 PM
a couple of you have said you haven't been able to log in to these.

on the home page, in the upper right corner is the information telling you what the login and password are. (they are both exactly the same.) best is to just drag your cursor and copy and paste that into the login menu. it definitely works.

again, the url is
http://3dtutorials.michaelorourke.com

enjoy!

coccosoids
05-26-2006, 03:07 PM
hello, i am eager to check these tutorials but i get an error : You can't view this file!

i used exactly what you typed above michael, so could this be related to my browser / firewall?
anyone else having this kind of difficulties ?

morourke
05-26-2006, 07:28 PM
Ah, yes. I forgot about the "Can't view these files" problem. There apparently is something in the code of my site which conflicts with the settings on certain workstations. I don't know what it is, but it seems to happen consistently on some (small number of) workstations and never on (almost all) others.

Fortunately, there is an easy work-around. If you get that message, click on the My Tutorials button at the top of the page, and you will now be able to access the tutorials.

(This same explanation can be found in the FAQs on the site, in case you need to remind yourself.)

btw, if anyone knows what could be causing this problem, do let me know and I'll try to fix it.

micgaz
05-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Hi Michael,

I managed to get through on my big Mac, not sure what happened there but whatever...

Thanks again, had a browse and am looking forward to giving some time to these.

Cheers,
mic

thematt
05-28-2006, 11:48 AM
thanks it's pretty nice, too bad thought that the tuts are not very advance.Still it's pretty cool for those who are starting.

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
05-28-2006, 11:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.