PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Skin

claycw
12-27-2001, 12:27 PM
I'm looking for a tutorial on giving your subject that perfect skin airbrushed look with no blemishes like you see in magazines such as playboy etc. I've seen some 3rd party tools but they don't even compare to work I've seen done in photoshop.

Daxx
01-17-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by claycw
I'm looking for a tutorial on giving your subject that perfect skin airbrushed look with no blemishes like you see in magazines such as playboy etc. I've seen some 3rd party tools but they don't even compare to work I've seen done in photoshop.

Try to find real skin pics ---------> this is the most important tips!!

claycw
01-18-2002, 07:47 PM
HMMM, while I appreciate your reply I think you missed what I was asking, I'm not talking about 3D models I've got that one down. I did a calendar for a young lady to give to her husband for his birthday, she wanted him to have one to hang on his wall of her instead of the models on the tool calendar. But just like all women in rea-life she had a couple of not so perfect areas. she had brought me some pictures of what she wanted done, basically it was the full body airbrush like you find in playboy. I found a tutorial on a web site but was looking for a better one or if anyone knew of a good way to achieve this look.

studiomiguel
01-27-2002, 02:35 AM
I work professionally as an image retoucher. We frequently have to retouch models (product/catalog/calender) and the only way to get where you need to get is to find an area on your model that is similare and start cloning. It does take forever, but the results can be stellar. Alternately you can try blurring and adding noise. The trick is to not try to make it too perfect.
Reference photos are a good idea. If you can find shots with good skin that matches the tone of your original photo you can 'steal' image to replace the skin. The important point here is to match the color EXACTLY. If it is off more than 1 or 2 percent you will see it.
Here's a great trick to see if something matches or not (for clone repetition or slight variations in tone) is what we call a 'solar curve'.
To create a solar curve, add an adjustment layer and add points at each 10% increment. Then drag the 10% point to 100%, the 20 to 0%, 30 to 100%, 40 to 0%, 50 to 100%, 60 to 0, 70 to 100, 80 to 0 and 90 to 100. By 100 and 0 I mean straight up and down respectively. This give your image a really bizzare look but it also accentuates the hilights and shadows and midtones to reveal things that don't match. It takes some getting used to but is a true life-saver.
Hope this helps some.
Michael

erikals
02-25-2002, 09:10 AM
If I understod your question right, maybe use the stamp tool, I think that tool is perefect for those kind of tasks, after retouching the skin a couple of times I found out that the smaller brush, the better. Also if the brush is big and has "soft" edges you will smooth out parts of the picture and it might end up not look so good.

G-luck,
Erik

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.