PDA

View Full Version : texture map 'super sampling' in XSI?

wasted weasel
05-25-2006, 03:42 PM
hi,
I've been using XSI for about a month now, I come from a strong 3DS max background. When using texture maps in Max there was an option in the material editor that would allow me to blur the image or adjust the 'super sampling' to make the image more crisp.

My scene in XSI at the moment is a camera projection map onto geometry. It's looks good but the final render is slightly softer than the original projected image. Like it is being blured. Not an aliasing question the edges are fine, I'm concerned about the detail within my texture image.

any ideas?
Thanks

mocaw
05-25-2006, 06:33 PM
You might want to change your mip-map settings...just my first guess.

Atyss
05-26-2006, 02:39 PM
First, to clear something up: in XSI, a "texture map" refers to a property that you attach to an object, and in this property you can put an image clip. You can access this property in the render tree by using an color lookup shader, as you can access this property from other ppgs like hairs or particles to drive certain effects.

Essentially what you are talking about is an "image clip". Just to be clear with terminology.

So to achieve what you are asking, you can turn on elliptical filtering in the the Image and Bumpmap_generator shaders.

Cheers
Bernard

wasted weasel
05-26-2006, 04:09 PM
yes that's right, 'image clip' is what I meant.
Thanks, I'll look into it today.

CGTalk Moderation
05-26-2006, 04:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.