PDA

View Full Version : Plz help - Narration to match animation?

nanogirl
05-25-2006, 03:18 AM
I need some advice. In the past I have made short animations where I have added recorded sound to match after I rendered the scenes, this worked fine because I could see where I needed to put the sound affect for the corresponding action. But now I will be working on a full feature length movie that will have a constant narration happening. Think documentary. The script is being written gradually for the narration, right now there is about a page or so already written so I know what is needed for the initial scene, but since what is already written probably will be modified and I don't know what is going to come next and it also has not been recorded yet so I have no guideline as to how long to make this initial scene. This is where my question comes in, since I don't have a gage or any recorded narration how should I go about setting up my scenes to begin working on the animations now? And how to set up all of the other scenes to match up (there will be a whole lot of them)? I had thought I could extend the length or shorten to match the narration later but this is such a long project that this would be a lot of fixing as we go along, and also since certain objects and ideas in the scenes that will be made have their own exact timelines I could mess it up by increasing or decreasing the speed of the sequences, and I definitely don't want any time filler shots either. What should I do? Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Gina
3D Studio Max
Combustion
Vegas

CGTalk Moderation
05-25-2006, 03:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.