PDA

View Full Version : nvidia quadro 3450 or ati fire gl v.7300

mjolnir
05-25-2006, 02:02 AM
i want the most bang for my buck. i have about 1500$ to spend....if i can get away for less i would like to but image quality and performance takes priority. the rest of my computer is set up....amd dual core, dual 19" moniters, asus motherboard, seta drive, extra hard drive...all that jazz....windows 64, pc...

i have two nvidia sli graphics cards right now

they are good, but before i began school i had assumed they would do the trick, but they are better suited fot gaming.

my computer runs maya and z-brush prety well...no problems, but i want top resolution, top speed hard ware rendering, and dual screen capabilities

are there any problems with the ati fire gl 7300...i heard there were a few, but not sure

any input would be appreciated

-thank you

ReinaldoRomero
05-25-2006, 03:15 AM
a) If you have such budget and you want a pro card go ebay and buy a NEW quadro fx 4500 OEM for 1200$ (maybe less, or maybe more if you want the fancy box).

b) Go buy a geforce 7900GTX if you do not make very complex scenes, it is very good and you can get one for 480$.

c) Get the geforce 7900GTX and softmode it to a quadro card (just like a quadro but CHEAPER)

By the way, SLI wont provide any benefit on 3D appz

The fire gl are good, but not as good as a quadro (or softmoded geforce). Even in maya a geforce 7900gtx beats a fire gl.

Personal opinion, get the quadro fx 4500 from ebay if you can afford it.. it means stability and it is certified by pro softwares. maybe you can get a raptor or a wacom with the 300$ you save ;)

CGTalk Moderation
05-25-2006, 03:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.