PDA

View Full Version : Delete model without Open Xsi

Sharpy3d
05-25-2006, 01:16 AM
Hi all, well I have a great problem,

I have been animating a hard scene all the day ..., and i want to open it now to render, but it crash. Im almost sure that the problem is when loading a specific model, and I want to destroy it! (delete). So Is it some way to do it without open the scene?. I had try by editing the *.scntoc file but it only have options for passes, textures and render options, nothing about models or objects, I had try to merge the scene in another different, and opening a backup file doesnt work, I had try with the BachRender without open XSI, and nothing of that work.:shrug: Im devastate.

I hope someone could help me on this problem. I would be very grateful, really.

Thanks in advance.

BenBarker
05-26-2006, 03:21 AM
If it's a referenced model you can offload it in the scntoc.

grahamef
05-26-2006, 03:51 PM
As Ben says, if it is a referenced model then you can remove it using the scntoc. But since you say it wasn't there, I'm guessing it's not referenced.

Here's something else you can try. Choose File > Preferences > Data Management. On the Scene Recovery tab, enter a path and file name for Load Recovery Journal File. Exit and restart XSI.

Now when you load the scene, XSI logs each time it begins to load a model and each time it finishes. If it crashes, the log shows that the model started to load but never finished. When you try again, XSI skips that model. You may need to repeat this several times if there are multiple corrupt models.

Once you've recovered as much of your scene as possible, clear the Load Recovery Journal File preference.

Sharpy3d
05-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Hi,
in fact its wasnt a reference model, but your solution is great, it work perfectly. Its great to see people who know every little trick. After many years I still learning new things about this software, its fantastic.

Thanks for your help, really.:)

Antonio Frias.

grahamef
05-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Glad it helped. Good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
05-29-2006, 05:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.